Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Comfortably Numb
Propoxyphene
by Nicole
Citation:   Nicole. "Comfortably Numb: An Experience with Propoxyphene (exp50935)". Erowid.org. Apr 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/50935

400 mg oral Pharms - Propoxyphene (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:10 100 mg oral Pharms - Propoxyphene (pill / tablet)

4:20 Ingested four darvocets, which have 100 mg of propxyphene and 325 mg of acetaminophen per pill. This is my first time experiencing with Darvocets, so I was going to start with 4 only, but figured what the hell and at

4:30 took my fifth.

5:00 no notable symptoms, really. Chatting on the internet.

5:20 definitely starting to feel it. Warm sensation throughout my entire body, very very pleasant. Flushed face. Light headed. Itchy, but it feels nice to scratch.

5:30 Noticing a bitter, metallic taste in my mouth. Drank some orange juice. The taste is still there. Not too unpleasant. I can't really smell anything...

5:48 tried to eat something, but nausea is kicking in. Drank water.

6:00 I am very content with just sitting on my bed, doing nothing. Life feels good. I keep nodding my head and smiling. It just feels good to be alive. I have no desire for more pills right now. Peaking.

7:00 Still feeling dizzy, warm. I am typically a very anxious person, but on these guys, I don't feel restless at all, or fidgety. My problems seem easy to face, and I can truly relax for the first time in a long time.

8:00 Peaceful, everything is at peace. Not as intense anymore, but still strong effects.

Over all, great experience, looking forward to doing it again

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 50935
Published: Apr 10, 2007Views: 39,167
Pharms - Propoxyphene (206) : Glowing Experiences (4), General (1), Unknown Context (20)