Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Separate Identities
Salvia divinorum
by John
Citation:   John. "Separate Identities: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp50943)". Erowid.org. Sep 23, 2020. erowid.org/exp/50943

1.5 hits smoked Salvia divinorum

I take 1 big hit of salvia and hold it in and then take another little hit and hold it in. Once I breath out the experience hits me. I close my eyes and this pressure keeps pressing in on me in my chest. I open my eyes because I realize: How silly I am, the house that I live in is merely a collapsible tent! Wait, who am I? I now realize that I am a soul and I have a number of bodies I could inhabit. But then I realize that 'me' is no longer a soul but .........I don't know.

Now my attention is drawn back to the situation of my house being a tent. The far side of my house is starting to collapse and slowly deflate. I can't see this happening, because I am on the other side of my house, I just know it.
Now the side that I am in begins slowly collapsing. I look around my room: where is this place that I am in?

Crap! I need a body! I look down and see an infinite number of bodies, almost invisible, stacked up inside of each other....

Crap! I now realize that I was on salvia, and had a pseudo-out-of-body experience. I am suddenly very grateful for the body I have. Now I just want a drink.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 50943
Published: Sep 23, 2020Views: 391
Salvia divinorum (44), OBE (332) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)