"When historians pick up their pens to write the story of the 21st century, let them say that it was your generation who laid down the heavy burdens of hate at last and that peace finally triumphed over violence, aggression and war. So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide."
-- John Lewis (1940-2020)
Nothing but Pleasant Experiences
Codeine
by Nicole
Citation:   Nicole. "Nothing but Pleasant Experiences: An Experience with Codeine (exp51865)". Erowid.org. Mar 25, 2008. erowid.org/exp/51865

repeated   Codeine

I had my first experience with codeine 4 years ago at age 15. It was prescribed to me for pain after I had undergone a non-serious 'day' surgery. My prescription was filled for 80 tablets; I would eat them beginning at 4 at a time (120mg of codeine), eventually working up to 300mgs after learning of the cold water extraction method. While under their influence, I would experience euphoria, relaxation; a general sense of well-being. I have only once experienced nausea, which resulted in vomitting. I felt much better afterwards. This was while experimenting with stronger doses than I could handle at the time. I occasionally experience a feeling of 'indigestion', though it is easily relieved through eating some crackers, bread, etc.

As my first prescription ran out, codeine slipped my mind, and I became involved with harder drugs. I began experimenting with X, eventually using it 5-6 nights a week for over a year. I was smoking weed every day, going through about 1/4 ounce a day, and had been doing this since I was 13. I have tried crack(and precook), mush, speed, meth, acid as well as some legal highs including extracts of blue lotus, opium, wild lettuce, and dramamine.

Anyhow, long story short: I have alot of health problems now including anemia, a poor immune system, depression, and insanely intense panic/anxiety disorders. I have dropped drugs all together, with the exception of codeine. Codeine helps me to relax, keeps my heart rate quiet, keeps me happy and gives me the munchies - all of which I really need in my life right now, and other prescription medications (prozac, effexor, ativan) are not able to give this to me. I'm thankful for such a great drug, though, I must say a part of me is definitely frightened - I have never once felt addiction with my previous HEAVY drug use. A (seemingly) 'soft', innocent drug, completely legal(OTC in Canada) and I can't see my life without it.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 51865
Published: Mar 25, 2008Views: 18,616
Codeine (14) : Not Applicable (38), Retrospective / Summary (11), Health Benefits (32)