Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Nothing Worth Doing; I was Up All Night
Methamphetamine
by Leah
Citation:   Leah. "Nothing Worth Doing; I was Up All Night: An Experience with Methamphetamine (exp52195)". Erowid.org. Aug 2, 2017. erowid.org/exp/52195

15 mg vaporized Methamphetamine

I got high off methamphetamines for the first time last night. Iíd snorted tweak twice before (the first time about 5 mg, the second about 15 mg), but had absolutely no reaction to the drug (and no, I do not have ADD/ADHD). I still canít figure this out Ė Iíve felt the effects of methamphetamine when combined with MDMA in ecstasy tablets, but I couldnít get high from insufflated dosages; confusing, considering I'm a pretty thin girl. I asked a friend who suggested that I may have a problem with the mucus membranes in my sinuses which inhibits me from absorbing the speed into my system (Iíve had the same problem with coke).

I smoked somewhere between 10-20 mg last night with my boyfriend from (Iím not sure of the name) a glass piece which looked like a cylindrical tube, open at one end, with a glass ball at the other. I felt a tingling sensation almost immediately; similar to the feeling I get when Iím coming up on ecstasy.

The intensity of the high was moderate. I had euphoric tingling in the back of my head and fingertips and generally felt relaxed aside from my racing mind. The conversation was great, and in stereotypical fashion I cleaned my room. The tingles lasted around two hours, the need to talk lasted more than four. The high itself spanned from about 8:30/9:00 PM to midnight.

After I took my boyfriend home I sat around, wide awake, trying to find something worth doing. Not that the high wasnít great, but Iím starting to think that the comedown outweighs it. I was up virtually all night, most of the time in bed. There was, and still is, nothing that seems worth doing. I couldnít find a comfortable position while I was in bed, and I got mild auditory hallucinations that woke me every time I nodded off. I also got some gas in my stomach that kept bothering me. The kind of gas that makes you want to burp Ė you can FEEL the burp Ė but it wonít come out.

My stomach felt severely empty, so I forced some food down a couple hours ago: what a mistake that was. I went from having slight nausea and stomach cramps to between moderate and severe nausea and stomach cramps. Now, about fifteen hours after my first hit, my heart is racing, POUNDING in my head, neck and chest, Iím short of breath, I have a lack of interest in everything, and I get vertigo every time I go from sitting/laying to standing. Iím shaky, nauseated, and I havenít slept more than five minutes since Friday morningÖ and Iím still not tired. I should probably also mention the severe dry mouth and moderate bruxia Iíve had (itís on the same level as ecstasy) during this entire experience. My dopamine level probably wishes it could kick me in the ass right now, and I can only hope that it replenishes itself soon.

I donít know if I did too much, but I certainly know that tweaking at night was a big mistake.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52195
Published: Aug 2, 2017Views: 2,119
Methamphetamine (37) : General (1), Difficult Experiences (5), Depression (15), Hangover / Days After (46), Various (28)