Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Similar to DXM
Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine)
by The Baron
Citation:   The Baron. "Similar to DXM: An Experience with Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) (exp523)". Erowid.org. Jul 31, 2000. erowid.org/exp/523

600 mg oral Dimenhydrinate (pill / tablet)

After reading all about dimenhydrinate on the web, I thought it sounded like fun so, me and a friend tried it out the other day. I recently robotripped for the first time, and thought it was fun, so I figured I should try the dramamine. We both ate 12 motion sickness pills with 50 mg dimenhydrinate each, then smoked a bowl. It seemed like just after we were don smoking, the pills kicked in. Everything started to feel funny, and I was very tired. We ate a couple caffeine pills to stay awake.
Now I was really fucked up. Everything was moving, sort of like a weak acid trip, and I kept hearing voices in the distance. I dont know if I was just hearing shit, or if there were really people talking far away and my perceptions were just increased. I noticed with the visuals, I could almost see the watery fluid in my eye moving around, and I would see faint 'strings' in the air.

It was very hard to concentrate. My friend and I would talk, and forget what we were talking about right in the middle of the conversation. We had a sober person with us who would help remind us of what we were talking about.

I was only really fucked up like this though for a few hours. The trip lasted somewhat longer, but after about 2-3 hours I was able to talk like a normal person and the visual and auditory hallucinations had lessened. I found it very easy to fall asleep that night and woke up the next morning feeling fine. I think the next time I'd like to mix it with cough syrup and see how that is.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 523
Published: Jul 31, 2000Views: 18,705
Dimenhydrinate (17) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)