Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Paradoxical Reaction
Olanzapine
by Karen
Citation:   Karen. "Paradoxical Reaction: An Experience with Olanzapine (exp52385)". Erowid.org. Jun 9, 2019. erowid.org/exp/52385

Pharms - Clonazepam
      Pharms - Olanzapine

I was on a psych ward for a suicide attempt via Klonopin overdose.

I had a bad night where I felt agitated and had weird intrusive thoughts about a lurking, menacing 'presense.' In hindsight, I'd have to call it a psychotic episode (a first for me).

I spoke up and they gave me Zyprexa and put me in an observation room. In a short while I felt wired to the extreme and began having vivid, cartoonish, closed-eye visuals. It looked like I was flying in a small plane over a winding jungle river below the treeline. It was so vivid, I got motion sickness from the constant maneuvering of the plane.

So, agitated with visual hallucinations: just what the Zyprexa should have prevented. I won't take that drug ever again.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 52385
Published: Jun 9, 2019Views: 2,235
Pharms - Olanzapine (260) : General (1), Difficult Experiences (5), Medical Use (47), Overdose (29), Depression (15), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Hospital (36)