I Don't Know How It Happened
Alprazolam
by me
Citation:   me. "I Don't Know How It Happened: An Experience with Alprazolam (exp52504)". Erowid.org. Jan 11, 2020. erowid.org/exp/52504

3.5 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)
  1.5 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)
  2.5 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)
    repeated oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)

[Erowid Note: The dose described in this report is very high, potentially beyond Erowid's 'heavy' range, and could pose serious health risks or result in unwanted, extreme effects. Sometimes extremely high doses reported are errors rather than actual doses used.]

My anxiety was really bad one night, so I decided to take seven .5 mg of my alprazolam. Well as the night progressed I took 3 more and then 5 more. So at this point I was on 7.5 mg of it. I vaguely remember what happened that night but I do remember going to get a bunch of food and then talking to my boyfriend on the phone. I'm pretty sure that he'll break up with me because he knows I have a problem. At that point I assume I blacked out in my bed and for the next day I felt still really, really sedated. The next night I figured that I would take the remaining 15 pills that I had left and quit alprazolam cold turkey but when I looked around I couldn't find my pill bottle anywhere. For some reason I checked in the trash thinking that maybe I threw it in there in a drugged-up haze and I found that I had no pills left. I had totally forgotten that I downed the entire bottle. I had done it before but this time really scared me because it was way more than my body could handle. I'd say that I'm lucky to be alive.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52504
Published: Jan 11, 2020Views: 574
Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Difficult Experiences (5), Hangover / Days After (46), Unknown Context (20)