Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Great Aid for Bad Panic
Lorazepam
by Tangelo
Citation:   Tangelo. "Great Aid for Bad Panic: An Experience with Lorazepam (exp52716)". Erowid.org. Oct 11, 2020. erowid.org/exp/52716

IV Pharms - Lorazepam (liquid)

I have bad anxiety, and it causes me to believe there's something really wrong with my body. Most of the times, I think there's something gravely wrong with my heart.

One night, I thought this. It was around 12 midnight, and I was sure I was having a heart attack. I woke up my mother, and she asked if I'd like to go to the emergency room to calm my fears. I agreed, and began saying sorry over and over for waking her and making her take me. She seemed a little angry about it, but looking back, I'm pretty sure she just hadn't wanted woken up.

I tried to stay sort of calm during the 20 minute drive to the hospital that accepted our insurance. I was scared of dying, and scared of losing my life. We made it to the hospital, where I was triaged, weighed, and put in a room to pace and try and calm down.

Eventually they came around, did an EKG, drew blood, did a chest x-ray, everything. Absolutely nothing wrong with me, but it still didn't calm me down. The doctor came around, told me I was going to get an injection of ativan.

I got the injection, and instantly started feeling calmer. Not high, not out of my mind, just nice and calm and balanced for the first time in ages. I felt happy, and I could smile, and I was relaxed.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any medication for all the other times I've had to deal with this since then. Having heard that Ativan is extremely addictive, I would never take it without needing it, but right now I could use it again. Having anxiety day after day after day isn't fun to deal with.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52716
Published: Oct 11, 2020Views: 742
Pharms - Lorazepam (79) : Medical Use (47), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Hospital (36)