Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Feeling like Johnny Cash at His Worst
Propranolol & Bupropion (Wellbutrin)
by Travisbickle
Citation:   Travisbickle. "Feeling like Johnny Cash at His Worst: An Experience with Propranolol & Bupropion (Wellbutrin) (exp52907)". Erowid.org. Jun 19, 2007. erowid.org/exp/52907

300 mg oral Pharms - Bupropion (pill / tablet)
  T+ 13:00 40 mg oral Pharms - Propranolol (pill / tablet)
  T+ 13:30 300 mg oral Pharms - Bupropion (pill / tablet)

Okay, First of all I've been diagnosed with severe depression/insomnia. I had been up for two nights in a row now, and it's about 7:30am. Why waste the day, so I pop my prescribed 300mg wellbutrin for the morning. Yep, I'm up and runnin' within 30 minutes now.

Later that day I was bored with no narcotics at hand. So I pop 40mg propranolol at 8:00pm (not prescribed), then 300mg more of wellbutrin, prescribed, at 8:30. Within 45 minutes I am sweating horribly, and tweakin' like I've downed 8 cups of coffee and took some amphetamine. This sweating is starting to irritate me so I take my shirt off and turn the fan on. Spiders and Vinaragoons is starting to wig me out, so I play something soothing hoping for a change in mood.

It's hard to concentrate because of my tweaking arms and pulsing heart rate. I change the song to Bowie's 'Drive In Saturday'...aahhhh. I keep it with the Bowie tunes for a long while. About 10:00pm I feel somewhat better, but still tweaking and my head feels warm, but a bloodrush loving type of warm. Well to make this long story short now; day three of the insomnia occurred. I smoked a pack of Reds/played guitar/took a shower/ and cleaned most of my room, (which was a wasteland).

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52907
Published: Jun 19, 2007Views: 30,776
Pharms - Bupropion (87), Pharms - Propranolol (72) : Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3), Alone (16)