My Reality Crumbled
Salvia divinorum
by Anastacia
Citation:   Anastacia. "My Reality Crumbled: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp52947)". Erowid.org. Nov 15, 2007. erowid.org/exp/52947

smoked Salvia divinorum

I tried Salvia Divinorum for the first time yesterday. I took one hit on the bong, held in the smoke for 30 seconds, and within 5 seconds I felt as though something hit my entire body. I backed against the wall, slid down to floor, and tried to brace myself. The effect was immediate and very strong.

There was suddenly a very fast, loud ticking sound, and I realized that this was 'time.' Then the hallucination began: I became aware of two dimensions; the one I was in, and one that was under the ground. My world began to move, and the trip became terrifying when I realized that the world underground was also moving, and my reality was attached to this underground dimension. So, this underground dimension was moving me. Suddenly the underground world began to slowly curl around my world, and as it did this, my reality became smaller and smaller. I became aware of the fact that my reality was temporary, and that this underground world was something I was waking up to after a long sleep. This was terrifying, not comforting. It felt like death. I started to feel like I was slipping into this underground realm, and as it continued to curl, I felt that I was going to fall through the ground and die.

This is when I became aware of people living in this other dimension. I realized that they were family of some kind (though I have never met them) and that this was a parallel reality. The two parallel realities were literally colliding, and the underground one was taking over my reality. I also existed in this underground dimension as a parallel self. I started to scream in my mind that no, I didn't want my world to be swallowed by this one. I didn't want to continue on as this other person. I didn't want to fall into this other dimension, much like the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland. But in real life, I couldn't talk. I could only scream in my mind.

The people underground began talking to me as my reality became smaller and my self and identity became more vulnerable. They said, 'I'm sorry, but this is inevitable. This just has to happen. It has to be this way.' They were very calm, and although they were somewhat compassionate in their attitude towards me, they didn't seem excited, and had no interest in helping me. I got the feeling that they knew about me, but I didn't know about them. I remember several women, but I felt them and heard their voices more, and saw only brief glimpses of them. I saw a man, however, who spoke to me about the inevitability of this new dominant reality. I was so completely immersed in hallucination that I was no longer aware that I was tripping at all. I was simply trying not to fall through the ground and die, as I felt that I wouldn't be able to come back. I could see the other world as a tunnel closing around my world and devouring it. It was as though I could see through the ground. When the people were talking to me, especially the man, they were looking up at me.

I was at my friend's house, but he was in a different room. However, when my reality almost totally vanished, I screamed for help and this time I was able to verbalize it. My friend came in the room and suddenly I could see where I was again. I said help me over and over and I grabbed his hand. I told him not to let go or I would fall through the ground. He told me this later, as I have no memory. I just remember grabbing his hand and screaming help. We sat on the bed and I felt exhausted and wanted to go to sleep. However, when I tried, the hallucination began again. We immediately got up and started walking around. That ended my hallucination of this other underground dimension. Things became pleasant after this initial terrifying head-trip. My friend said that I was only tripping like that for about three minutes, yet I had no sense of time. I was in fact tuned into the eternity of the underground world, and it felt like I struggled for a long time. Like an hour. I have read that people time travel on this drug, and now I know what they are talking about.

I hallucinated one more time after the initial hallucinations. I went outside to try and wake up more and have a positive experience. I saw through the fence a women getting her mail. It was my friend's neighbor. The mailbox was right by my car. I thought, that is strange that her mailbox is on his property. Today I went and looked at the spot I saw her at. Of course, there was no mail box there. It was pure hallucination. That particular hallucination wasn't bad at all. It was just strange. I won't try it again.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52947
Published: Nov 15, 2007Views: 7,328
Salvia divinorum (44) : First Times (2), Entities / Beings (37), Bad Trips (6), Alone (16)