Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $150+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
Riding the Storm
LSD & Amphetamines (Dexedrine)
Citation:   Acidhead. "Riding the Storm: An Experience with LSD & Amphetamines (Dexedrine) (exp53454)". Erowid.org. Oct 24, 2008. erowid.org/exp/53454

T+ 0:00
1 tablet insufflated Amphetamines (ground / crushed)
  T+ 2:00 1 hit oral LSD (blotter / tab)
The first time I dropped acid could be described in no other words than crazy. My friends and I were just bumming around the city and earlier that day – about 1pm – I had already snorted a dexie (not sure what the dose was). The guy who was selling LSD stamps had to go somewhere else to pick it up, so I waited around for a while. I’d never dropped acid before, only done drugs like PCP, and everyone was asking me if I was going to take a half or a whole. What I would learn later is that you’re actually only supposed to take half, but, it being a Sunday afternoon, no one else volunteered to share a trip with me.

When the guy came back with the acid, it was about 3:00pm. He told me to take the whole one and that I’ll be fine, so not really sure what I was doing, I took the whole one. I sucked on it for about forty minutes, and the next hour or so was spent walking friends up to the bus stop since some of them were leaving. When I came back, a lot of the kids were looking at me, smiling. Usually when someone takes a trip, word gets around. It was about 4:30pm when they were coming up to me saying, “Hey, dude, I heard you took a whole stamp. How’re you feeling?”

Everyone looked weird and distorted. The lights all around the city were moulding into very trippy patterns, everything was so bright, and so loud. At about 5:00pm I really started to trip. It was like walking through a galaxy of brilliant-coloured stars. The textures on the surfaces were more defined, and morphed into strange patterns. I remember laughing so much. I had a few smokes, and for some reason that was just really fun, so I ended up smoking almost a whole pack in about an hour.

At about 6:00pm, it began to get dark and I saw flashes out of the corner of my eye that startled me. Some of my friends started going home, but I wasn’t due anywhere for another hour or so, so I started freaking out about being alone. A couple of girls told me to come with them to the park so they could take care of me until I was due home. When we got on the bus, things started to get really creepy. People’s faces started to get longer, their expressions yawning. I felt like something was pulling me down to the ground, and I felt really heavy. I felt definitely stuck out of reality. I had trouble walking, and objects started to alternate between getting further away and closer without my actually moving.

We walked through the strip of town known for its neon signs and bright lights at night, and that was really fun. When we got to the park one of the girls told me to look at a spot on the ground and spin around really fast. I did that for about ten seconds, then stopped, and the world just flew. It kept spinning and spinning, and I think I involuntarily fell to the ground. I felt like gravity had locked me into that position and I could never get up again. All I could hear was some sort of internal screaming and the words of my friend saying, “God, she really is fucked.” It wasn’t the best feeling, but it was pretty sick. Then one of them told me they had to go get their stuff from their apartment.

I thought I waited down at the bottom of that apartment for about two hours, but then my friend told me it was actually two minutes. They started talking, in slow motion, their voices muffled like sort of a broken record. It was definitely creeping me out. The texture on the pot plant I was looking at began to morph like crazy, and the distance from where it was changed frequently. I began to get scared, especially since I felt like I was stuck in time. Everything was in slow motion, I kind of felt like I was underwater, since it took a lot of effort to move. I felt like gravity was trying to suck me up, into the ground. I felt like I was dying.

Well I definitely started to freak out after that, and one of the girls tried to get me to a train station home. I was okay during the walk but really, really anxious and paranoid. I thought that when I got home everyone would know I was high. I thought they already knew. At the station, the girl said goodbye and told me everything was going to be fine and to have fun. I tried to buy my ticket but I was feeling really disorientated and on the platform things kept distorting into really deformed pictures. I knew this would pass, but I couldn’t help freaking out. It definitely doesn’t help to be alone. I had a huge panic attack on the train, and ended up calling my friend, babbling to her about god knows what. We ran out of signal, but the girl sitting behind me looked at me and said, “Hey man, I overheard. Are you worried that people will know you’re on drugs?” I said, “Yeah”, to which she replied, “Me too!” She was a lot older than me, but it helped a lot to have someone there who understood. When we got off the train she told me everything was going to be okay and to have fun. I don’t know why but that’s what everyone had been saying to me all night when they left – “Bye, and have fun!”

The walk home was crazy. Everything looked weird, different, animate. It was all brilliant coloured and lighting. I felt kind of peaceful then, with some sort of internal dialogue very loud in my head. When I got home, it was about 7:00pm, and I calmed down a little bit. I sat on my bed and watched the glows around the objects and the different lightings dancing around. It looked really beautiful. I played a few Doors albums, and suddenly everything Jim Morrison was saying made sense. I felt completely and utterly detached from reality, on a completely different plane of consciousness. When I turned off the lights, I saw rainbow glows dancing in front of me that changed shapes depending on the pitch and tone of the music. I felt very spiritual. Every single object in that room was alive. Objects would distort, and my bed started breathing. It all looked very interesting.

I tried to play a Pixies album, because I’ve always wanted to trip to The Pixies, but it all got weird after that. In the darkness I felt someone touching me, a muffle by my side, and a man’s voice. I almost had a heart attack. I whacked the lights on and started calling random people, talking about random things. For some reason I felt like I was in a world where I knew the answers to everything. I felt really close to the people I talked to, and felt I could tell them anything. If they tried to talk about something related to their reality, I wanted to tell them that it didn’t matter, because I wasn’t in their reality.

As the night went on, I started playing The Doors again and drawing randomly. The pencil felt amazing to control and it just guided me to where the trip was taking me. I watched inanimate objects become animate, different rainbow colours of light dancing in front of me. Everything was so loud – I could hear the people next door breathing. There were swirls, and random flashes of light. When it got a bit later – around 1:00am – I started to get really paranoid. It scared me shitless having to walk to the bathroom by myself, especially looking in the mirror. My pupils were huge, and I looked quite creepy myself. When I talked to people on the phone, I couldn’t listen to music at the same time because I had this feeling that my senses were overlapping. Textures felt completely different to how they usually were. I think I tripped over at some point (no pun intended), and the pain in my toe seemed to weep, in a strange, acidic sort of way.

Time was still going really, really slowly. It was like I had shifted into a world where time and space didn’t exist. I talked for what seemed like hours, only to be told that it was minutes. As it got quite late, around 2:00am, I was really tired but couldn’t sleep. The trippy feeling was beginning to creep me out. I sort of wanted out, but I knew it wouldn’t be over for another hour or so. So I kept myself busy reading for a while (really slowly, by the way, at least that’s what it seemed), until eventually the effects wore off. After that I felt a bit at loss for losing the whole trippy feeling, but it was almost 4:00am and I was really tired. So I popped a Valium and went to sleep (waking up 2 hours later, of course, but that’s not the point).

In general, I guess I could say that trip was just about the most intense thing I’ve ever felt. I swung from mad fear to hysterical ecstasy at the same time. Everything looked really crazy and bright and fast, but at the same time I was stuck in time. I was stuck in space. The next day, I was still fucked. I heard random things tuning in and out, sudden movements made me jump out of skin, and everything was still a million times louder than usual. This wasn’t good when I had to go to school. But it was a good experience, something I will probably most likely do again (but only on a half, and definitely not by myself!).

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53454
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Oct 24, 2008Views: 17,077
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
LSD (2) : First Times (2), Hangover / Days After (46), General (1), Various (28)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults