Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Crohn's Disease
Cannabis
by Waters
Citation:   Waters. "Crohn's Disease: An Experience with Cannabis (exp53609)". Erowid.org. Dec 20, 2007. erowid.org/exp/53609

repeated smoked Cannabis (plant material)

I have been diagnosed with Crohn's desease in 2005 (snr year of highschool). Though I have medication, Asacol, my stomach would never be settled and I would have to run to the bathroom several times a day. I felt like a prisoner of this disease as I could only eat certain foods and go to places that had bathrooms.

I started smoking weed frequently in college and noticed that it would take away my stomach pain and even settle it. I began to smoke it every night around 1 or 2 am to sooth my stomach for the following day and it worked. For the first time in over a year I was able to go about my day in a normal fashion due to the weed I had smoked in the early morning.

Is it a cure? no, but it certainly helped me cope with eating disgusting campus food.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53609
Published: Dec 20, 2007Views: 8,084
Cannabis (1) : Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)