Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
The Camel is Dead
Cocaine
by johngalt
Citation:   johngalt. "The Camel is Dead: An Experience with Cocaine (exp53619)". Erowid.org. Jun 25, 2007. erowid.org/exp/53619

2.0 g insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

I'll start it off by saying I am 18 years old, and I have some pretty nice friends. Anyway, there was to be a party at my friend's house. It turned out to be only six people showed up, and two of them had to leave early. In total, these six people brought 7 grams of very good blow, a twenty pack of Bud, and a bottle of everclear. It was quite a night.

So, the two people leave. It’s down to four people, and the cocaine has barely been touched. We are… artistic people, so we spent the better of two hours cleaning and shaping the seven grams into the shape of a large camel (the famous symbol of the only brand of cigarettes we buy and smoke), which was about six inches long and four inches wide (so you can guess how thick this thing was). So now the party begins. We decide the camel needs an eye, so I snort it out a large eye. Then we kill off the legs and the tail. We start into the hump on the back, and decide we’re a bit full for the moment. About two hours has passed since we started, and night has begun to fall, so we bring the platter into the kitchen. Let me just say this is a beautiful kitchen in a beautiful house, and it was quite the pleasure to be partying there.

The camel is dead. At this point, it looks like an obese giraffe with flippers and a hunchback. That’s not going to work, right? So we reshape the rest of it into the word “cocaine” with a large cheese-wheel(with a wedge missing) as the dot for the “I”. some of you will understand this because a “mouse” eats cheese. We were pretty high and we were having fun.

In our party, we had two raging alcoholics, one of them being an extreme pothead. Now, I’m not a huge fan of mixing herb and yeyo, so I told the kid NOT to smoke. Drinking was fair game, just watch it. So half of the everclear is gone, there are two bottles of beer left, and about 5 grams of coke left. The night has just begun. I’ll cut though the boring details and say that we got very intrigued by the concept of “brown brown” and HAD to know what it did for the user. No, we did not try it, we merely looked it up on the internet and wasted a good hour and a half because at this point, we were reading about 10 words per minute even though our minds were leaving nascar racers in the dust.

So 4 aclock comes around, and I decide I’m going to chop out four rails and we will have a race as soon as the clock hits 4 20. we’re coming down, so this is a great idea. I chop them out, and each line is about a foot long, regular width, regular height. Crazy? Maybe. Well, the clock definetly hit 4 20, and we all went for it. I won the race, pulling in about 5 seconds. Nobody really came in close behind me, because they all caught me before I feel backwards. They made sure I was okay, then finished. We went out to the porch and had a few cigarettes. That’s when I noticed that I didn’t have to breathe. I knew I did, but it felt like I didn’t have to. It wasn’t second nature anymore. I didn’t have that pressure when I held my breath. So I promptly told everyone to make sure I was breathing. Then the sealegs kicked in. It felt as if I had been on a cruise liner for a few weeks, and just got back onto land. My body was rocking back and forth as if the land was rocking back and forth. It felt as if the air was pushing down onto me, maybe fifty pounds crushing me into the ground.

Idiotically, I wanted to go into the pool. Luckily, my friends decided the Jacuzzi was a bit safer. Of course, it started raining. But that didn’t really stop us because we didn’t feel the rain yet. So here we sat until our bodies got feeling back. Sitting in a Jacuzzi, smoking, drinking, extremely high on cocaine, at 4 45 in the morning, in the rain.

The night finished up, dawn broke, and we ended up with about 2 grams left over. Everyone got a little scared after what happened to me, and seeing as how I’m the biggest fiend out of us all, nobody did too much afterwards. We all went home and slept. This was two nights ago, and I just woke up. The point of this story was to describe what I remember of that feeling after I snorted that rail.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53619
Published: Jun 25, 2007Views: 11,803
Cocaine (13) : Small Group (2-9) (17), General (1)