New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Dennis McKenna, Ken Kesey, or the Shulgins
Tickets for the Art Show
LSD (or DOC?) & Cannabis
by Axel
Citation:   Axel. "Tickets for the Art Show: An Experience with LSD (or DOC?) & Cannabis (exp53766)". Erowid.org. Jan 3, 2008. erowid.org/exp/53766

1 hit oral LSD (blotter / tab)
  T+ 2:00 1 hit oral LSD (blotter / tab)
  T+ 0:00   repeated smoked Cannabis - Hash (plant material)

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

In the car, I feel like Iím perfectly normal again, until we hit the tunnel to route 76. As soon as we enter it, it stretches to an immeasurable length and everything looks like a racing video game. Like Need for speed underground. The car itself stretches and proceeds to extend outside of the confines of space and time. Spaces between cars are also immeasurable and I keep asking Brad how he drives on this drug. He tells me 'experience', and I'm forced to believe him just so that I donít get too scared.

When I get home, I go directly to my room and turn on the TV, and watch camp lazlo, which is, on this particular occasion, the BEST cartoon I've ever seen. The storylines are simple to follow and I like that, because I can totally understand them. I look at my posters. The Beatles' faces twist and distort. My poster of a cat hanging from a rope with the caption 'Oh Shit!' is unbelievably amazing. The cat keeps decaying away like a rotting carcass before my eyes, but it isnít scary, itís just beautiful for some reason. The Grateful Dead stare down at me from their arm in arm circle (that picture from 1967 where they're all standing in a circle looking downward at the camera), and their eyes, particularly Jerry's, are like those of animals. I think to myself 'they're on acid, too... right there in that picture... they were the KINGs of this drug...' and smile inside.

The already distorted Alice Cooper Group poster on the adjacent wall distorts and melts even more, becoming even more colorful and bright, and all my drawings take on a new life. I cannot sleep because every time I close my eyes I'm overwhelmed with that singular sensation again, touch sight sound smell and taste are all one again, so I just sit up and enjoy the last of my trip. At 11 AM I decide to go to my friend Colin's house, but Iím unsure of driving. Sure enough, itís an experience. I have no depth perception or sense of speed, and my speedometer is so unreadable that I can barely comprehend it. Almost 24 hours after eating acid and Iím still far gone, and beginning to wonder if Iíll ever come back.

I get to Colin's and we smoke a bit of pot, and all of a sudden, things are 'normal' again. Or as normal as I can perceive them to be. I begin to accept that I've entered a new reality and that I must adjust to it accordingly. I start to get tired and go back home to sleep, which takes 2 hours of catatonic laying down to finally arrive. I wake up 4 hours later and its all over.

WHAT A FUCKIN EXPERIENCE!!

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53766
Published: Jan 3, 2008Views: 30,214
LSD (2), DOC (357) : Multi-Day Experience (13), What Was in That? (26), Music Discussion (22), Glowing Experiences (4), First Times (2), General (1), Festival / Lg. Crowd (24)