Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
A Double Reality
Cannabis
by LadyFirestorm
Citation:   LadyFirestorm. "A Double Reality: An Experience with Cannabis (exp53877)". Erowid.org. Dec 8, 2008. erowid.org/exp/53877

1 bowl smoked Cannabis (plant material)

It was the end of March, 2006. About a week and a half before the one-year anniversary of my first time smoking cannibis. I hadn't smoked in about a week and a half, because of being sick, but I finally felt a little better and my friend invited me out to smoke a bowl with him before class.

All I could think of as I walked to meet him was getting as high as I could off this little bit, because I was eager to start smoking again. I met my friend at about 10:30 AM in a cemetary on campus, where we usually met to smoke. I didn't expect much, having been smoking weed of similar quality as what we smoked that day for months now. After we smoked, it took a few minutes for the high to set in, while we walked out of the cemetary, each of us lighting a cigarette. I felt a typical high as we parted and I walked back to get my books for the day. I was very relaxed, kind of distant from reality. I made it back to my room fine, and after grabbing my books I walked to one of the dining halls for a quick lunch before class.

By the time I got inside, I started viewing things in frames. By the time I sat down to eat, my memories of getting and paying for my lunch were like snapshots my mind took, and all I could remember seeing was the stack of trays where I grabbed one, the salad bar, and the woman who was working the register that day. Even now, that's all I can remember of lunch. I thought it a little odd, only having experienced vision like that with much larger amounts of weed. But I was in a good place by then, and didn't really care that much, so I ate my lunch and left for class.

This part of the day I remember in vivid detail, though it still amazes me how it happened. I had made the walk from the dining hall to my first class enough times, I knew how long it took. The walk to the building was about 13-15 minutes, and then it took another two or three minutes to get to the classroom. I started the walk with about 18-20 minutes before class, just enough time to get there if I walked at my normal pace. Of course, my normal pace was only normal when I wasn't as completely high as I was that morning, but the worry of being late to class barely registered as I turned my mp3 player on while walking outside. I lit another cigarette once outside and started walking to class.

I usually favor trance-based music when I'm high, because it always seems to make the time pass that much more enjoyably. I put on one specific song to listen to the entire way to class, and turned the volume up. About 10 feet into my walk, I started having these crazy hallucinations. It was almost like there was this sphere surrounding me, and it moved with me as I walked. Images based on the music were projected onto the surface of this sphere, and I could barely see reality past it. The images weren't even very fluid now that I think about it, but they were at the time. I was amazed at this, as it was the first time I had ever seen any kind of visuals while high, especially during the day. The part that really amazes me, is that somehow, even though I know I was walking slower than normal to pay more attention to the halluciantions, and the fact that my schedule that day was slightly different and I was going to a different class than normal, I made it to class with 4 or 5 minutes to spare.

To this day, I have never had a similar experience, even with the other drugs I've tried since. I have never seen any kind of visuals during the daytime, nor have I ever been able to achieve the same level of 'highness' as I did that day. I believe that there was something going on with the virus in my system at the time. I was on week three of recovering from a pretty bad case of mono. I would give anything to reach that intensity again, short of having mono.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53877
Published: Dec 8, 2008Views: 6,569
Cannabis (1) : School (35), Glowing Experiences (4), General (1)