Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Thinking at the Speed of Light
Ether
by agentteddy
Citation:   agentteddy. "Thinking at the Speed of Light: An Experience with Ether (exp53903)". Erowid.org. May 1, 2018. erowid.org/exp/53903

repeated inhaled Ether

[Erowid Note: The "water extraction" method is ineffective in separating diethyl ether from the volatile hydrocarbon liquids/gases in "starter fluid". Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe use of volatile hydrocarbon gases: their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage.]

first time on ether

Well, my friend has made ether before, but I never bothered to try it. However, I got the urge recently, so I looked up how to make it on the internet. I made it by buying some starter fluid (w/ diethyl ether in it) at Autozone, and spraying it in a plastic bag. I filled it up with water, shook for 5 minutes, and let the contents settle. I poured the petrolium distillates out (bottom layer) and kept the top layer in a small water bottle.

So then, I poured into a rag and started breathing deeply. Soon, my mind was racing. It was like thinking at the speed of light. When I walked, it was a lot like how Johnny Depp does it as Hunter S. Thompson in Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. I was very poorly coordinated. However, I let it get a bit out of hand. I kept taking more ether, and I'm not sure but I ether soaked the rag 3 or 4 times. I got sick and the taste of the ether stayed in my mouth for hours. It's really shitty. I really just wanted to sober up for the majority of the time. I don't really want to do it again. I think I'll sell the rest of the bottle or trade it for some chronic.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53903
Published: May 1, 2018Views: 1,173
Ether (131) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)