Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Divine
Coca
by Mike
Citation:   Mike. "Divine: An Experience with Coca (exp54065)". Erowid.org. Jun 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/54065

2.0 g sublingual Coca (daily)

Chewing is the way!

*Preparation*
I like to chew (suck on) a couple tea bags of coca (mate de coca / coca tea). I find this method is more efficient(and potent) than brewing tea. I start by tearing open the tops, adding 1/4 tsp. of baking soda (activates the alkaloids). I put the closed bags between cheek and gums, just like you would with Skoal.

*Effects*
Within 5 minutes I am feeling good, my breathing becomes more regular, and any tiredness I had is gone. I am able to concentrate better, and find I am more productive. It feels like a strong cup of coffee, but without the jitters. I switched from daily latte ($3) to daily coca chewing($1) and will never go back. I soon realized that coca is a way 'cleaner' high, on an entirely different plain than coffee. The Incas believed it was divine. And so do I.

*Use*
I use coca after meals, after workouts, while playing guitar, while driving. Unlike tobacco, coca is non-addictive and doesnt cause disease. This mild stimulant has greatly improved my quality of life. And I am greatful. If I was a clinical researcher, I would investigate its potential to cure ADD and to help people quit smoking.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 54065
Published: Jun 10, 2007Views: 21,979
Coca (158) : General (1), Preparation / Recipes (30), Glowing Experiences (4), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)