Take a Survey on the use of Breathwork
for Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, or PTSD
Researchers at Johns Hopkins seek responses to an anonymous survey on breathwork. You can participate whether your breathwork experiences helped or not.
(Must be 18+) Take the Survey!
My Favorite Trip
by Kevin
Citation:   Kevin. "My Favorite Trip: An Experience with 2C-E (exp55131)". Erowid.org. Feb 2, 2009. erowid.org/exp/55131

T+ 0:00
15 mg smoked 2C-E (powder / crystals)
  T+ 4:50 15 mg smoked 2C-E (powder / crystals)
  T+ 4:50 1.5 mg insufflated Pharms - Alprazolam (ground / crushed)


About a week ago I came across some 2c-e so I jumped at the chance to buy a couple hits (each hit was measured at 15mg). I consider myself a fairly experienced hallucinogenic user, tripping on mushrooms between 15 and 20 times, trying LSD a few times, and experimenting with salvia divinorum a couple times. I used to smoke marijuana regularly but have cut back to a few times a week for college.

So now that you are familiar with my experience with other drugs, I'll tell you about my first experience with 2c-e. My friend who has a pilot's license offered to take me and a friend flying the other day so I figured it would make for a hell of a 2c-e trip. I smoked about 15mg of 2c-e at 10:40 am, and felt it almost instantly. It was a very heavy body high at first which made me a bit uneasy. My palms were sweating a lot, I felt extremely light-headed, and slightly nauseated. My friend reassured me that what I felt was normal. After I got used to it, it was a very uplifting feeling, which I would almost compare to cocaine. I was a bit out of it, but the head trip was nothing like shrooms. No one would be able to tell I was tripping unless I wanted them to.

My friend drove us to the airport, where we met my other friend who is the pilot. The time was 11:05, and by now I was having some pretty good visuals. I was staring at a wood counter in the airport lobby and the grain of the wood was stretching and warping, much like a mushroom-type visual. It was very vivid. I stared awhile longer and it appeared to be melting onto the floor. I remember looking at the tiled floor and greatly appreciating the patterns in.

My pilot friend was doing some preflight stuff outside while my friend and I were waiting in the lobby and came in to get us when he was ready. Surprisingly I wasn't the least bit nervous about getting on the small single engine cessna airplane. I climbed in, buckled up and waited to take off.

After liftoff, I had a phenominal 360 degree view of my hometown. The beautiful scenery gave me the second most euphoric feeling I've ever had while tripping (the most was from mushrooms and nitrous-oxide). I felt like a little kid again---I could not stop smiling. I greatly appreciated the patterns of the orchards I could see far below. It was amazing!

Next came one of my favorite visuals of all time. I was looking at some mountains with pine trees on top, and they eventually began flowing down the mountain standing perfectly upright in what appeared to be a river of pinetrees. This visual lasted for as long as I could see the mountain. It was one of the most realistic hallucinations I've ever had.

I was very surprised that throughout the entire flight I felt no paranoia whatsoever. I was a little bit scared before I even took the 2c-e about flying with my 19-year-old pilot friend in a small single engine plane. It was a risk I am SO glad I took.

When we landed at our destination after 25 minutes (about 11:40, or 1 hour after I smoked the 2-ce) I was a little bewildered. I remember saying 'Dude it feels like I'm in a video game and I just used cheat-codes to get from [my home town] to [this other town].' It's normally about a 1.5 hr drive, so being there all of a sudden was pretty trippy on 2c-e.

My friend was pretty high on pot, and none of us three had eaten breakfast so we decided to walk to Jack in the Box, which is actually the closest one to my hometown. What a treat! The walk was pretty long, but I was feeling pretty euphoric and careless from the 2c-e. When we finally got to Jack in the Box at about 12:30 (1 hr, 50 min into the trip) I felt like I was starting to come down.

I was sitting there, eating a hamburger (which worked out just fine, as apposed to eating on other hallucogens in my history) and I was staring at the tiled floor. I again appreciated the patterns I saw, and was getting a slight visual of the tiles raising and lowering. After we ate, we walked back to the plane, flew back home, then my friend dropped me off at my house. By the time I got back home (2:30) I felt no more visual effects, just a bit out of it. It was similar to a marijuana high. I just felt very relaxed.

I decided to smoke the other hit I had when I got home (another 15mg) because I had so much fun earlier in the day. This time I decided to experiment a little bit though. I had a 1.5 mg xanax (I usually use them as sleep aides, but occasionally recreationally) so I decided to snort it shortly after smoking the 2c-e. It was about 3:30 when I did all that. I felt pretty out of it after that. The xanax made me feel extremely relaxed and worry-free, while the 2c-e made me hallucinate, but my visuals were a little less intense than earlier in the day. I think the xanax may have interfered some with the visuals.

I stared at a mural on my wall for about 15 minutes, watching it grow and shrink, and then move around some. I had one unique visual this time, which was some sort of light (kind of like when you stare at a bright light then look away) swirling around the mural with a long tail behind it. That visual went on for about 30 seconds, and then I decided to get up and go outside at about 4:00.

It was a very nice day out, so I grabbed a beer and layed on my hammock. I threw a toy for my dog for awhile, but at this point my time perception was pretty messed up so I can't really say what time all this happened. I remember feeling fantastic and incredibly relaxed. I didn't have a lot of visuals outside, but everything I looked at was very interesting to observe. After laying out there for about 45 minutes I dozed off and on.

At 7:30 pm I came inside, and just felt sort of high (like a weed high). By 9:30 that night I felt pretty much normal, other than a slight headache. The next day I ended up having a headache for most of the day. It may have been because of the flying I did (I had just gotten over a cold) or the 2c-e, but I don't think it was the xanax. Whatever it was from, it was well worth the trip, because that day was the one of the best trips I've ever had.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 55131
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Feb 2, 2009Views: 7,792
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
2C-E (137) : Glowing Experiences (4), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults