Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
My Strange Days
Yohimbe
by Bleh
Citation:   Bleh. "My Strange Days: An Experience with Yohimbe (exp55390)". Erowid.org. Jun 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/55390

2 capsls oral Yohimbe (capsule)

I was bored in my flat, and stumbled across two pills of yohimbe I got as a present from a online vendor who sells mushrooms and stuff. They layed there for months, as I got them as X-Mas special to my last order of shrooms. They said it would get me stimulated and horny, so I popped those two, considering the wouldn't even work.

One hour later I felt some really unpleasant pressure in my head, and I was constantly forgetting things, like taking the credit card out at the grocery-counter. Even at our little poker-tournament I made some dumb moves resulting in the loss of 10 bucks.

Later that night I made an horrible mood swing into dysphoria, ranting about every famous person or band I saw on tv and how I much hate them and wishing them to die. I couldn't sleep either and next day I was greeted with a superb depression that lasted until I got out for the night or probably until the first alcoholic beverage was consumed.

I never felt more horny than normally and the depression might have something to do with me having recovered previously from one after cessation of heavy cannabis (ab)use. Bad and useless drug this is.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 55390
Published: Jun 10, 2007Views: 14,666
Yohimbe (96) : General (1), First Times (2), Depression (15), Hangover / Days After (46), Bad Trips (6), Various (28)