Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
One Hell of a Trip
Salvia Divinorum
by Matt K
Citation:   Matt K. "One Hell of a Trip: An Experience with Salvia Divinorum (exp56474)". Erowid.org. Oct 31, 2006. erowid.org/exp/56474

3 hits smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 10x)

I was, to say the least, very unprepared for the trip I experienced. The most potent hallucinogen I'd tried at this point was mushrooms. Anyways, I sat down with 3 of my friends in a wooded area in Wisconsin and the pow wow began. I went first, taking a few hits out of a steamroller.

Within 10 seconds I was thrust into an unknown world. Sound and vision become intensely distorted. Repeating images and sounds continued on for what seemed like 20 seconds. I felt overwhelming surges of thoughts, such as being in a circus. I also felt for a few moments that I was completely insane and had left my body behind (Dissociation). After I returned from this parallel dimension, I was very irritated for about half an hour. I didn't get along well with my friends, but I settled down later.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 56474
Published: Oct 31, 2006Views: 1,334
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)