Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Headache Superball in an Empty Skull
Olanzapine & Alcohol - Beer
by LuridHope
Citation:   LuridHope. "Headache Superball in an Empty Skull: An Experience with Olanzapine & Alcohol - Beer (exp57027)". Erowid.org. Jun 6, 2018. erowid.org/exp/57027

15 mg oral Pharms - Olanzapine (daily)
    repeated oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

After being diagnosed with a mood disorder I was prescribed Zyprexa. At that time in my life I was drinking regularly and decided that since I was going to be drinking anyway I might as well down the the pill with a beer or two.

I immediatly felt like something was wrong. I was completely disoriented and within an hour there was a horrible sharp pain in my head. It felt like there was a solitary ice-cold beetle quickly burrowing a maze through my brain.

I continued taking the reccomended dosage for my mood disorder, but the symptoms persisted. This is an anti-psychotic/anti seizure drug. Don't be afraid to tell your doctor if it's not right for you.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 57027
Published: Jun 6, 2018Views: 1,550
Pharms - Olanzapine (260), Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199) : General (1), Combinations (3), Difficult Experiences (5), Medical Use (47), Post Trip Problems (8), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Not Applicable (38)