Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Bad Interaction
Propoxyphene & Amphetamines
by The Beastmaster
Citation:   The Beastmaster. "Bad Interaction: An Experience with Propoxyphene & Amphetamines (exp57087)". Erowid.org. Jun 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/57087

500 mg oral Pharms - Propoxyphene (pill / tablet)
  T+ 3:00 10 mg oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)

(9:00am)I started my day with the last 5 Darvocet 100-650s I had. The day was going well. Went to school and work like everyday. Darvocet is, as Im sure many of you know, the worst (recreationaly speaking) pain killer out there. Later on that day I came upon a few Adderall. I have little experience with this drug but have heard and read good things. I figured an oral 10mg would be a good start to find my limits (5:00pm).

I went to a movie and felt just fine. Maybe 10mg wasnt enough I thought. I do have a higher tolerance than some. (9:00pm) I started to feel a little sick to my stomach. I had eaten normally, I dont smoke and hadn't had anything to drink. I was 3 glasses of water into the movie. I got worse, not scary but very uncomfortable. I had to excuse myself from the movie. I make it home and lay down in bed, hoping a few deep breaths will ward off these feelings. It was then that I decided to crack open the recreational pill users most important tool, the Big Book Of Pills, or DDR (Doctors Desk Reference). Upon reading about Adderall I found that Propoxyophene and or Darvocet can 'increase the effects of dextroamphetamines'. Obviously this wasnt an pleasant increase. It really only made me really sick.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 57087
Published: Jun 10, 2007Views: 12,553
Pharms - Propoxyphene (206), Amphetamines (6) : Combinations (3), Various (28)