individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Cannabis
by Thunnus
Citation:   Thunnus. "Obstructive Sleep Apnea: An Experience with Cannabis (exp58125)". Erowid.org. Jun 13, 2007. erowid.org/exp/58125

Cannabis (daily)

I have rather obstructive sleep apnea. Combined with years of insomnia that never went away after a bad bout with depression, I used to only get about 3-4 hours of sleep each night. This was due to a few different factors:

1. My insomnia prevented me from getting to bed until the wee hours of the morning.

2. My apnea-treatment is very uncomfortable. I usually only get 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep before I wake up and in the past, I usually was not able to get back to sleep.

3. Even the 3-4 hours I was getting was not very restful.

Since starting treatment with cannabis, I am able to:

1. Sleep more or less when I want to
2. Sometimes get 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep
3. Even if I wake up after 3-4 hours, I can get back to sleep
4. Each sleep cycle is more restful.

I live in a legal state but I really hope it becomes federally legal for med use. Its a shame because there are really no side-effects, it is not addictive and there is no hangover. What more could I ask for from a sleep therapy med - all the others come with a host of side-effects and most synthesized med are, in varying degress, toxic to the body.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 58125
Published: Jun 13, 2007Views: 10,388
Cannabis (1) : Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)