Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Extreme Paranoia
Cocaine
by Chrissy
Citation:   Chrissy. "Extreme Paranoia: An Experience with Cocaine (exp58232)". Erowid.org. Nov 14, 2020. erowid.org/exp/58232

repeated insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

I had done cocaine for the first time one night, and the night after, three of us decided to go down on an eight ball. The night was going great, although I would have preferred to have been around more people. After each line, I was comforted by the fact that there was more cocaine available. We basically just sat around, talking and watching tv, but I was having an amazing time. When it came down to the last of what we had, I began to panic a little bit. Pretty soon, while I was coming down, I started feeling depressed. I just felt hopeless and discontent. At this time, I decided to go home. I was absolutely sketched out while driving home. All I wanted to do when I got home was go to sleep, but that proved to be more difficult than I thought it would be.

It was probably about 2am when I got into bed, and I was convinced that somebody was trying to break into my house. Everytime I heard a sound I was positive that it was somebody trying to bust in. I turned my lights on and sat in my bed, my heart pounding, for about 2 hours. At this time, I actually went downstairs and asked my mom if I could sleep with her, since I was absolutely terrified and paranoid. It turns out this didn't help either. At one point, the man who drops off our newspaper ran up to my house and opened the screen door, throwing the newspaper inside. I immediately woke my mom up and told her I thought somebody was breaking in.

Still, to this day, I get nervous when I hear noises at night. It's quite an experience, and I'm glad I did it. I would do it again, but I would definitely be a little more careful.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 58232
Published: Nov 14, 2020Views: 401
Cocaine (13) : General (1), Difficult Experiences (5), Hangover / Days After (46), Post Trip Problems (8), Small Group (2-9) (17)