Survey: Hallucinogens & Relationships
Researchers at Columbia University are seeking
individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
Check out the Survey
24 Hours Stoned
by R. Fullbright
Citation:   R. Fullbright. "24 Hours Stoned: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp6003)". Feb 6, 2002.

0.625 oz oral Nutmeg (powder / crystals)


ther I was with a 1.1 oz. can of nutmeg in my hand and a grin on my face. I had just swiped it from my moms pantry and was making my way up to my room. I sat in front of my desk and opened the can and took off the tamper evident seal. my heart throbbed with anticipation as I accidently puored more than half of the horrible tasting stuff down my throat. I gagged and heaved but managed to keep it all down.

it was 4:30 and I was really hoping for an immediate high like on alchohol or weed. at 5:00 I started singing familair tunes but making up lyrics as I went along. it really sounded dumb. my mon even told me to shut up. my little sister came into the room to play with cards. we played go fish and I started to feel a little more sane. maybe it was just anticipation that made me so deleroius. I ate dinner at 6:30 and had not felt the effects yet. I was starting to get a little edgy. at 8:30 I felt a little more alert and aware of my senses but didnt really take it into consideration. I fell asleep at 9:00 wich is earlier than usual. I didnt dream at all and it became a more and more restless sleep.

I woke up at 2:30 and I was so nauseated and my head felt like it was floating slowly from side to side like I was underwater. I started to feel panic. what if I had taken too much and I was going to die? I walked down the stairs to my parents bedroom and hoped they could help me feel better like they knew how to when I was a little kid. everything was going too slow and my face felt like it was on fire and iced over at the same time. I finally reached my parents bedroom, walked through the dark and shook my mother awake. I started describing to her how I felt and told her I thought that I was going to pass out. I was really getting scared. then I dont remember what I was saying. I was stumbling over my own words and probably saying nonsense. that was when I passed out.

I dont know how long I was out but when I came to, the lights were on and my mom and dad were standing over me telling me to stop goofing off. I was so fake. it was like TV and I was just the viewer. I stared into my moms closet mirror and made faces and laughed at them. I felt so delerious about everything! at about 3:00 I went back up to my bed and propped my feet up on a pillow like I learned in Boy Scouts. (if the face is pale, elevate the tail; if the face is red, elevate the head) I fell peacfully asleep and woke up at 6:00 to get up and get dressed and go to school.

my dad was fixing eggs and bacon and my sister was already eating. I sat down to eat with her she started talking and I started laughing. I couldent stop laughing and I was getting iritated at myself for not being able to stop especially when there was nothing to laugh at. I laughed for what seemed like 5 minutes. my dad even slapped me attempting to knock some sense into me but it didnt work. I kept laughing throught the pain.

my dad drove me to school and I honestly tried to keep my composure but everything that happened was just funny. when I got to school I still couldnt keep my composure. from 1st period to 4th period it got worse. during lunch, some wannabe potheads told the resource officer that I was high. they took me into the office and did a pen check. I dont know if I passed or not but I told the officer that I was dehydrated when I woke up and that accounted for the blood shot eyes. for lunch I had 12 chicken nuggets 2 helpings of fries and 2 bisquets. in 4th period I got sent to the office for non-stop talking and got a saturday detention.

all day I had memory lapses, cotton mouth, bloodshot eyes, uncontrollable laughter, and the munchies. I never really had any recognizable visuals or hallucinations. when i got home I did my chores and ate a huge snack of 2 bannannas and 3 pop-tarts.

that night I slept like a baby and when it was time to get up I was tired and had a hangover. all that day I still felt dizzy but it didnt interfere with my normal life. I think that the reason I passed out that one night was because my mom gave me a perscribed sleep pill and that mixed with the NUTMEG. since then I have tried nutmeg without similar effects. 3 days later I got sick and had the flu. I dont know if it had anything to do with the nutmeg but i was really suffering.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6003
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Feb 6, 2002Views: 19,610
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Nutmeg (41) : First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults