Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
What Happened?
Zolpidem & Alcohol - Hard
by hitsfromthebong
Citation:   hitsfromthebong. "What Happened?: An Experience with Zolpidem & Alcohol - Hard (exp60448)". Erowid.org. Feb 25, 2020. erowid.org/exp/60448

20 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  4 shots oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)
  7 shots oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)

Last night I tried ambien with negative results. The night started good when my friend was having a few people over to drink. I had just gotten off work and was ready for a good night of hanging out with my friends and just a little bit of drinking.

When I arrived at her house at 8 I decided to take the 2 10mg ambien pills my friend had given me the previous day. He told me it was a lot like valium. I looked it up and thought that 20mg would be a good dose, enough, but not enough to forget the night. I was wrong.

5 minutes after I took them, everyone started drinking. I didnít want to get drunk since I had taken the pills, so I only drank about 4 shots for a buzz. This is where things went bad. Next thing I cannot remember anything from 5 minutes after I drank until 11:00. When I awoke from my hypnosis, I could barely get up or walk. I had no idea what had happened all night. My friends seemed mad at me and the friend whose house it was told me I had to leave.

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

This was just great, as I had to drive myself and one of my friends home. It was only a few miles, but I was seeing doubles of the lines on the road, and they were in my lane. The oncoming cars were also double, and in my lane and would go straight towards me, then seem to go through me.

I found out later that the reason I was asked to leave was that I had almost gotten in a fight with my best friend, because he wanted to drive us home, but I wouldnít let him because he was drunk. I also found out later that I had drank 7 more shots a little bit later, and would have drank even more if my friends hadnít stopped me. After this experience, I have decided that Iím not going to take prescription meds again.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 60448
Published: Feb 25, 2020Views: 691
Pharms - Zolpidem (143), Alcohol - Hard (198) : First Times (2), Combinations (3), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)