Unexpected Knockdown
Alcohol - Beer & Alprazolam
by Bombenhagel
Citation:   Bombenhagel. "Unexpected Knockdown: An Experience with Alcohol - Beer & Alprazolam (exp60617)". Erowid.org. Dec 5, 2007. erowid.org/exp/60617

2.5 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)
  45 oz oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

I was prescribed alprazolam for my anxiety problems, and knowing that it's commonly preferred in certain circles, I decided to try more than I was prescribed. At first I took 2 pills (1 mg), and waited for an hour for the effects to kick in. It affected my mind only mildly, and I felt somewhat disoriented, and a slight impairment in muscle coordination. Nevertheless, no significant or desired alteration happened to my mental state. My friend then consulted me, that I should take at least 1 mg more of that stuff. I did that, and started to drink beer in the hopes of some kind of euphoria that I have read and heard from others.

After the fourth beer it started to kick in. It felt like I have drank double as much as I actually did. For some reason (this was very stupid, as you will soon find out) I decided to take 0.5 mg more. After that I had a complete blackout, and woke up very dizzy and disoriented after 5 hours. The bed was full of urine. I was fucked up and mad to myself.

A few days after that I took only 1 mg when drinking heavily, passed out and had no hangover, which is a miracle and a good side effect of this drug :)

The conclusion: I had no desired and good effects with alprazolam alone, but with alcohol it kicks in and hard.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 60617
Published: Dec 5, 2007Views: 14,946
Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199), Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)