Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Liver Problems
Fentanyl
by Gdoe93
Citation:   Gdoe93. "Liver Problems: An Experience with Fentanyl (exp61863)". Erowid.org. Mar 21, 2010. erowid.org/exp/61863

2.4 mg transdermal Pharms - Fentanyl (daily)

After being on the 100 mcg/hr patch for a few weeks I began vomiting uncontrollably. I suffer from crohn's dx and suffer great pain associated with this disease. I was hospitalized by my Dr. My blood work showed my liver enzymes off the charts and other things associated with the liver were out of whack. The doctor's were baffled. They thought that I had liver cancer. They took a biopsy (that sucked BAD) and that showed no tumor. However that whole time (7 days) that I was in the hospital I was not on duragesic. After about 5 days I was getter much better. I was released and continued taking the duragesic. The next week the same thing happened. The doctor's finally attributed it to the fentanyl.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 61863
Published: Mar 21, 2010Views: 12,717
Pharms - Fentanyl (223) : Medical Use (47), Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)