Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
Safety Story
Zolpidem
by Little Moe
Citation:   Little Moe. "Safety Story: An Experience with Zolpidem (exp62485)". Erowid.org. Nov 22, 2020. erowid.org/exp/62485

50 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:20 20 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 40 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

[Erowid Note: The dose described in this report is very high, potentially beyond Erowid's 'heavy' range, and could pose serious health risks or result in unwanted, extreme effects. Sometimes extremely high doses reported are errors rather than actual doses used.]

About a year ago I was perscribed Ambien for sleep problems. Due to stories I have heard about this drug, I decided to use it recreationally. After about three nights of taking 10mg doses for sleep, I decided to take 5 pills and see what happens.

About 35 minutes later, I became very dizy and began to hallucinate. Aparently I called some people while I was high, and told them about squirrels and other animals bouncing around my room. After another 20 minutes, liking the effects, I took two more pills.

My memory fades at this part of the story and I can only remember fragments. I remember laying in bed, and watching my room melt. It was kind of scarry, for some reason I decided to walk to the window. On my way, I remember my head becoming very heavy. My body went limp, and I fell over like a wilting flower. I woke up on the floor the next morning with a severe headache and nausea. I checked my pills, and after a quick count I realized that I had taken 11 pills total, within a period of two hours.

My skin crawls just thinking about it. People cimmit suicide with a comparable number of sleeping pills, and somehow I managed to take that many recreationally... I would like to point out that this substance destroyed my ability to think. Everything I did was acting on impulse. I do not remember taking 11, and yet thats how many I took.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 62485
Published: Nov 22, 2020Views: 497
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : General (1), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)