Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
A Pleasant Experience with Nutmeg and a Rave
Nutmeg
by Analog909
Citation:   Analog909. "A Pleasant Experience with Nutmeg and a Rave: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp625)". Erowid.org. Sep 15, 2000. erowid.org/exp/625

oral Nutmeg

One Saturday evening at about 6:30PM I ingested 3 tablespoons of Nutmeg at my girlfriend's job (she works at a coffee shop so we got the nutmeg out of the backroom). We planned on attending a rave that night. At about 8:00PM I started to feel slightly stoned, very much like a tea (marijauna) like high. Finally by about 11:00PM I very much felt like I was really high on really good tea.

Finally by about 11:35PM I started to feel like I was rolling on E. I picked up my girlfriend and our other friend, we were all on nutmeg, and left for the rave. We arrived there about 12:00AM and waited in line for about 20 minutes, during this whole time I felt like I wasn't high anymore, then we finally got in at about 12:30AM and it was out of control, every 5 minutes I felt like I was in a completely new situation and place and 5 minutes earlier seemed very foriegn. I danced the night away, having a great time, except my girlfriend was having a hard time adjusting, she was very high from the nutmeg, and a bit concerned, so I spent a lot of time taking care of her, but she got through alright.

I think key to doing nutmeg is drinking a lot of water. By the time I peaked it was an experience much like doing E and smoking marijuana, but much more intense and a little less pleasurable. I had no visual hallucinations, that i know of, but still it was a very interesting experience.

As I write this I am on nutmeg again, it is three days later, I am not having as intense an experience, but am only 3 hours into it. I think a lot of it has to do with environment. The first time I did it I was at the most out of control rave ever. This time I'm at home. Anyway, it's worth trying, so if you are into new experiences I suggest doing nutmeg. But don't waste this unique high, go out and do something. Experience as much as you can, I suggest doing it a few hours before you go to a rave, and take caffiene pills. I had a great time. As Allen Ginsburg said about LSD, 'Every person over 14 should try this once in their life.' I suggest the same of nutmeg. I want to do it in the desert, it sounds interesting.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 625
Published: Sep 15, 2000Views: 4,438
Nutmeg (41) : General (1), Rave / Dance Event (18)