Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Cheap Enough
Barbiturates - Phenobarbital
by Tool_Head
Citation:   Tool_Head. "Cheap Enough: An Experience with Barbiturates - Phenobarbital (exp62721)". Erowid.org. Jan 17, 2008. erowid.org/exp/62721

repeated   Barbiturates - Phenobarbital

I wouldnít say I get a buzz off Phenobarbital, or any schedule IV downers for that matter (unless Iím smoking herb). Itís more of a Ďcalmí. It makes me more likely to fall asleep than Xanax, and like all schedule IVs, I donít like the feeling of the set in. I feel incoherent, confused, and drowsy. I find them much more enjoyable if I build a tolerance by taking a small dose a few hours before the real one. Or I take a medium dose and fall asleep on a night I donít have to work in the morning. The next day I take a large dose throughout the day and Iím ready to have fun. These are the only drugs I do that with.

I have to say benzos are a lot better, although memory formation is much worse with them. Phenobarbital never made me forget a whole summer like benzos did.
There is clarity present with pheno that isnít there with benzos.

Phenobarbital at 300 or 400 mg makes me feel kind of drunk, but more coherent and apathetic. A lot of dragging the limbs and leaning against things goes on. Nothing close to Schedule II barbs from what I hear.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 62721
Published: Jan 17, 2008Views: 22,559
Phenobarbital (208) : Various (28), Retrospective / Summary (11)