I Feel Drawn to the Anestheic Affects
Nitrous Oxide
by Kilojoules
Citation:   Kilojoules. "I Feel Drawn to the Anestheic Affects: An Experience with Nitrous Oxide (exp62782)". Erowid.org. Jun 8, 2018. erowid.org/exp/62782

repeated inhaled Nitrous Oxide (gas)

Nitrous Oxide Addiction

I have tried most drugs (except heroin), convincing myself that my useage is for academic / research type purposes. While this may be true to some degree, it does not explain or justify my absolute addiction to nitreous. I have in passing referred to nitreous as 'heroin gas' and while I have not experienced heroin, and I realise that nitreous has a psychadelic property ( I have used mushrooms and LSD, LSA) I feel drawn to the anestheic affects of nitreous.

I watch my friends take one ISI cartridge (no balloon) each and trip for 30 seconds or so. If I do the same, I feel nothing. It is not until I have taken double chambers from a nang machine around 10-15 times (20-30 cartridges) that I start to feel 'the feeling'. I seemingly 'LOVE' to lose consciousness. I feel I am a heroin risk, given how much I adore using nitreous. And, I can spend up to $AU200 per day on this stuff. Ridiculous I know, but it doesn't take long. It really is a very addictive substance for me. AND tolerance builds up very quickly. I'm a purist also, I generally take it on its own and its amazing how calm I am knowing I have some in my posession.

I think circumstance and a somewhat predisposition to 'knock out' substances is perhaps the reason I found nitreous so addictive. That said, I think I can kick the habbit. Its just such a 'safe' short lasting way for a troubled person to lose themselves for a short space of time without doing too much damage. Keep in mind, this stuff is available everywhere, so its hard to ignore when I have the correct apparatus.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 62782
Published: Jun 8, 2018Views: 1,233
Nitrous Oxide (40) : General (1), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)