Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Oh Snap! OEV's!
Salvia divinorum (7X Extract)
by Joe Blow
Citation:   Joe Blow. "Oh Snap! OEV's!: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (7X Extract) (exp63104)". Erowid.org. Aug 22, 2018. erowid.org/exp/63104

3 hits smoked Salvia divinorum (extract)

The first time I ever tried Salvia was a few days after my 18th birthday. I bought a cheap $6 pipe from my local head shop and 1/4 ounce of natural Salvia Divinorum. In retrospect it was a slight waste of money. I did manage to experience some very vivid CEV's (closed eye visuals) and one crazy experience of playing soldier in a supposedly 'haunted' tunnel in my neighborhood. That's neither here nor there... or anywhere for that matter. I am a fairly experienced psychonaut having experimented with Magic Mushrooms and LSD on countless occasions.

So here's the story. After realizing that Salvia had some serious psychoactive potential I decided to return to my local head shop for something a little stronger. They were out of 10x extract so I opted for the 7x as the next best thing. Upon returning to my home my anticipation was overwhelming having not had any M.J. for nearly 4 days (I am a very regular pot smoker). So I packed my Salvia specific pipe and prepared myself for whatever may follow. After taking hit #1 I felt nothing much other than a little disoriented. Upon inhaling hit #2 I began to notice some blatantly obvious visual distortions. Walls breathing, patterns super imposed over my field of vision, etc. 'Here it comes', I thought to myself. I killed the bowl with hit #3 and that's when things got intense.

In retrospect this felt and looked very similar to when I first begin to notice the effects of LSD. Walls breathing is not a new event for me, having had this happen on several other hallucinogens. 'Awesome!', I said out loud to no one in particular as I often do when I'm tripping out. Then, something unexpected happened. The walls ceased to breath and my super imposed patterns began to fade. I thought it was over and I was coming down. Then, the walls, not in a breathing way, began to move inwards, toward me! 'Oh shit', I said as they nearly hit me. They seemed so physically close that I could have stuck out my tongue and made contact! Seconds later, they snapped instantaneously back into place, and the trip was mostly over. I definitely underestimated the power of this drug, but never make the same mistake twice.

Looking back now, after reading some other reports on this drug, I did feel as if I was not alone during the whole thing. A menacing female presence that was hard to put my finger on at the time.

Closed eye visuals persisted for several minutes after the walls snapped back. Mostly just silhouettes of people walking in a large jumbled crowd and monochrome hallways with many doors on either side. Not very colorful. I still have left a little less than a gram of this stuff left and hopefully some more trip reports to come! Next time I'll tackle this drug with a fury, and hopefully, it'll tackle me right back with hallucinations.

Until next time,
- Joe Blow

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 63104
Published: Aug 22, 2018Views: 491
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Glowing Experiences (4), Unknown Context (20)