Hellish Combo
LSD & Lithium
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Hellish Combo: An Experience with LSD & Lithium (exp63755)". Erowid.org. Jun 16, 2007. erowid.org/exp/63755

2 hits oral LSD
    oral Pharms - Lithium (daily)

Many years ago (1986) I was taking lithium as a mood control drug. I had had a manic episode and since then had had no success with the tranquilizers thorazine or mellaril to return me to normal. Then I tried lithium, a drug that must be maintained in the blood and regulated with blood check ups. I had been smoking pot some around this time and also had done LSD in the past, a factor which may have contributed to my unstable moods and manic episode.

One day, I foolishly took LSD while I was on lithium. This produced some extremely fantastic, though horrifying, hallucinations. The two drugs together caused extremely psychotic thoughts and visuals. I kept thinking that I was out of sync with some mathematically precise method of behavior that could not be maintained unless I discovered some unknown and untenable truth. I was sure at one point that I was communicating mentally with dead spirits and, on the visual side, saw things on the order of a flock of golden birds ascend out of a file cabinet door.

At one point I was looking for my glasses while they were on my face and actually believed I had become my neighbor.

Exp Year: 1986ExpID: 63755
Published: Jun 16, 2007Views: 12,823
Pharms - Lithium (91), LSD (2) : Alone (16), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)