Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
Married to Codeine
Codeine
by Little J
Citation:   Little J. "Married to Codeine: An Experience with Codeine (exp6422)". Erowid.org. Apr 23, 2001. erowid.org/exp/6422

oral Codeine (pill / tablet)

As I suffer continious headaches, I experimented with some painkillers. Most of them didn't really relief, though codeine (as found in daffalgan-codeine tabs) did a little. I'm taking it about two years at a ratio of 5 tabs a day, and I know I'm quite used to it, tough the tolerance seems to level lately. The dependance/addiction does not, however.

The doc forced me to take a one-day break from my painkillers, and what I experienced was quite frightening, because I used to think I was independant. I felt **extremely** uncomfortable, in an undescribable way. Then I went to bed, and I didn't awake for another 12 hours (note: I did slept enough before, and if I'd continued to take my painkillers, I'd been awake all day). I felt quite good by the end of the day, actually.

But, as I slowly restarted the next day, I woke up three days in a row at 3:30 AM, without reason, no matter at what time (ranging from 10pm 'till 1:00) I went to bed...

I still plan to quit them, once my headaches have gone away (treatment is underway). I think this is the typical story of sneeking-in addiction...

Exp Year: 1999ExpID: 6422
Published: Apr 23, 2001Views: 45,391
Codeine (14) : Various (28), Health Benefits (32), Addiction & Habituation (10), Health Problems (27)