responses to an online survey from those who have
used a psychedelic while in a romantic relationship.
Couples especially invited to participate.
A Positive Experience
Methylphenidate
by Claire
Citation:   Claire. "A Positive Experience: An Experience with Methylphenidate (exp64520)". Erowid.org. Apr 9, 2018. erowid.org/exp/64520

40 mg oral Pharms - Methylphenidate (daily)

I'm a female 65 years old. After many years of being depressed and overweight my doctor prescribed Ritalin mostly to help with my depression. They had a wonderful side effect! When I started taking them I stopped eating emotionally and compulsively something I had not been able to overcome for 30 years. In the past year I've dropped 76 pounds. An added bonus for me was a total cure of 38 years of debilitating and chronic diarhea. How Ritalin worked to cure that condition I can only guess at. Maybe it's because of its effect the central nervous system.

Supposedly Ritalin works differently in adults than it does in children so I was told by my doctor. Depression caused me to be tired all the time and Ritalin took that tiredness away. I believe the reason for the weight loss is that Ritalin increases the heart rate which would result if I were doing light aerobic exersise.

Overall I'd say that for me this medication gets an A+.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 64520
Published: Apr 9, 2018Views: 2,191
Pharms - Methylphenidate (114) : Not Applicable (38), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Depression (15), Medical Use (47), Retrospective / Summary (11)