individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
A Frustrating and Confusing Night
Lorazepam & Alcohol - Beer
by doctor jeebles
Citation:   doctor jeebles. "A Frustrating and Confusing Night: An Experience with Lorazepam & Alcohol - Beer (exp64790)". Erowid.org. Oct 17, 2020. erowid.org/exp/64790

6 mg oral Pharms - Lorazepam (pill / tablet)
    smoked Cannabis (plant material)
  3 glasses oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

I was looking for something recently when I stumbled upon my grandmother's stash of drugs which I guess she left last time she visited. I was immediately intrigued and started researching the different medications, but only one had any recreational potential. It was called lorazepam and it was in .5 mg pills. After researching, I took one pill and waited for effects. Nothing really happened and I gave up for the day.

A few days later, I was called about a party. I was planning to go with a few friends and I was going to chill at their place for a bit before the party. Before taking off for my friend's house I grabbed the bottle of pills, just in case I felt like experimenting again. I got there, and of course I felt like experimenting again (I always do). I took four, putting my total at 2 mg. I waited an hour and nothing. So I took four more, a total of 4 mg. I waited another hour, still nothing. I decided that I could try four more, but if they didn't do it I'd give up. I was feeling a slight buzz, but nothing special. I figured lorazepam was useless and didn't expect anything. Then it was time for the party.

My friend drove me and another friend of ours over to the party. As soon as we got there we smoked a good amount of weed, then traveled into the basement to drink. I knew that alcohol would synergize with the lorazepam but I didn't think the lorazepam was even noticeable enough to matter. Boy, was I wrong! After three beers I was completely trashed, something completely out of the ordinary for me. This is where everything gets hazey. The following information has been gathered from what others have told me and what I can piece together from my wounds. Apparently I fell off a treadmill twice, one of the times giving me a pretty bad burn up my leg. Then I managed to knee myself in the nose. No one knows how I did it but I was bloody and saying I kneed myself over and over. Later on, my friend drove us back to his house where I puked on his porch. I remembered this event vaguely because I didn't feel nausea before or after, it was extremely sudden. Maybe the peculiarity of it helped me remember. Then I woke up in his basement the next morning with my puke covered shoes on feeling really sore.

This stuff snuck up on me and was way too much to handle. I had no idea alcohol would boost the effects so much and I paid for it in scars.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 64790
Published: Oct 17, 2020Views: 708
Pharms - Lorazepam (79), Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199) : Combinations (3), Difficult Experiences (5), Various (28)