Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
One of the Strangest Experiences Ever
Zolpidem
by Overdose
Citation:   Overdose. "One of the Strangest Experiences Ever: An Experience with Zolpidem (exp65065)". Erowid.org. Aug 14, 2021. erowid.org/exp/65065

20 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:15 20 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:18 20 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:20 30 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

I have had some pretty whacked out experiences with Zolpidem, but never THIS whacked out.

I had been doing zolpidem for 3 days before this experience, mind you, and I had been keeping log files on my experiences 2 days before, since I found that I could barely remember the experiences. I think I have abused this drug 8-10 times in total, usually around the 20-30mg range, however.

It started mid-day, I took 2 pills on an empty stomach, and waited for about 15 minutes for effects to set in. Yes, I only waited about 15 minutes, and it was obviously not long enough, but I thought an empty stomach would let the pills effects' set in faster. When I realized nothing was happening, I went back to my stash, and took 1 more pill, thinking it couldn't hurt, but ended up convincing myself to take 2 more.

By now I had ingested 40mg. What seemed like another 20 minutes had passed, although it must only have been 2-3 minutes, but I wasn't hallucinating yet, so I decided to take 2 more pills, for a grand total of now 60 mg.

Again, 2-3 minutes passed, but it seemed like 30 minutes, so I decided 'Ah, screw it,' and took my last 3 pills.

Keep in mind, though, zolpidem does have the effect of short term amnesia, so I had partially forgotten about any risks, and the other doses I took just a few minutes before. By the time I downed the last 3 pills, I had totally lost track of everything. I didn't know where I was, but I knew where my computer room was, so I stumbled back into it, and sat down at my chair, beginning to edit my log file (Which turned out to be a hallucination).

I remember writing what must have been at least 20 lines, and then lost track, refocused, and they were all gone. I began to hear very strange music. Very deep music, I can still remember the tune. It was strange and alien, and wouldn't stop.

I would stare at something for a while, and then that something would turn into a hallucination - for example, I started staring at something on my desk - a shotglass, and all of the sudden I was by an old barn, with a gigantic grass field infront of it, and a girl standing under a tree, but it was all very vague. It lasted for about five minutes, and then I blinked and it was gone. Another hallucination was just bubbles, in blank space, filled with fuzz.

I began getting very hot, so I went downstairs from my room to take a shower. In the shower, I threw up, and stopped hallucinating. For the rest of the day I was cross-eyed.

In the end, don't think onr can outsmart zolpidem's amnesia effect.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 65065
Published: Aug 14, 2021Views: 269
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : Difficult Experiences (5), Hangover / Days After (46), Unknown Context (20)