Erowid Relies on Donations From Visitors Like You
Close Call: Military Drug Test
Cannabis
by Gerry
Citation:   Gerry. "Close Call: Military Drug Test: An Experience with Cannabis (exp65853)". Erowid.org. Mar 13, 2018. erowid.org/exp/65853

.33 bowls smoked Cannabis (plant material)
    oral Alcohol (liquid)
  2 hits smoked Cannabis (plant material)
    oral Vitamins / Supplements (liquid)

While I was on my 10 day leave after boot camp and before combat training, I stupidly decided to smoke marijuana knowing I would receive a urinalysis at the end of it. About 4 or 5 days into leave I shared a bowl of mid-grade cannabis between two friends and myself. At 8.5 days (1.5 days before test!) I was intoxicated from alcohol and took 2 hits from a joint of low grade cannabis. Needless to say I felt like a complete idiot the next day.

From this point on I began drinking more water than usual and I purchased a 40 dollar system-cleansing drink from a vitamin shop. I did not exercise or do much physical activity during this time. I consumed the drink about 7 to 9 hours before the test, and drank a moderate amount of water after this. About 30 minutes before the test I drank a large amount of water. When I took the test my urine was almost clear.

I passed the test and I am grateful for it. I think I was lucky considering the short time between smoking and the test.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 65853
Published: Mar 13, 2018Views: 508
Drug Testing (59), Cannabis (1) : Not Applicable (38), Retrospective / Summary (11), General (1)