Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Running on Empty
MDMA
by Alex
Citation:   Alex. "Running on Empty: An Experience with MDMA (exp6587)". Erowid.org. May 2, 2001. erowid.org/exp/6587

tablets oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

Hey my name is alex. Im only 17 yrs old and i started takeing Ecstacy about 6 months ago. Im the kind of guy that likes to have as much fun as possible when i go to a club so ecstacy was my ticket to a great time. I started by just taking 2 pills per trip maybe about 1 trip every 2 weeks or so. My E trip was always great and long lasting for about 6-7 hrs on only 2 pills! i was doing that for maybe about 3 months before i started to really get into it.

I began taking around 4-5 pills per trip, tripping 2-3 times a week! and the sad thing was that i was mostly doing it at home, by myself, on my free time. I always enjoyed just dropping and chilling out in my room and just admiring everything and thinking about people. I just loved tripping! i still do but heres my problem. I now take 10-12 pills per trip, taking 2-3 pills at once every 2 hrs. Thats pretty bad. I feel like my brain is totally gone. Im suprised that im not a complete moron by now. I entered myself into rehab because i didnt want to overdose on the stuff. I dont know anyone that drops as much and as often as i do. after the first 3 pills i take i dont even feel anything! my heart doesnt even pump that much faster than it ususally does. I think that my heart had adapted to the amphetamine in the E. Im so afraid that i will overdose some day because the E doesnt even work anymore. I find that im not depressed, but its alot easier to get angry or sad. It is defanetly alot more easy to cry about something. To sum up, i feel that this great drug is too great for anyone and can easily be abused because its just too damn good!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6587
Published: May 2, 2001Views: 6,727
MDMA (3) : Various (28), Loss of Magic (34), Addiction & Habituation (10)