Tested Positive for PCP
Venlafaxine & Buspirone
by Tynes
Citation:   Tynes . "Tested Positive for PCP: An Experience with Venlafaxine & Buspirone (exp67173)". Erowid.org. Dec 11, 2007. erowid.org/exp/67173

75 mg oral Pharms - Venlafaxine (daily)
    oral Pharms - Buspirone (daily)

In 2005 when I was at a wilderness program for substance abuse, I went on a visit with my parents. After consuming large amounts of nutmeg (which doesnt show up on a drug test) in order to get high and taking my normal dose of effexor and buspar, I failed a drug test 2 weeks in a row for pcp. The second week the program knew I wasnt lieing because I was living in a tent in the mountains of colorado and it would have been imposible for me to get pcp, which I've never used. Ever.

[Erowid Note: Venlafaxine (Effexor) can cause false positives for PCP on urinalysis tests.]

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 67173
Published: Dec 11, 2007Views: 41,272
Drug Testing (59), Pharms - Buspirone (155), Pharms - Venlafaxine (191) : Not Applicable (38), Medical Use (47), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7)