More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contributed $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Warzone Effects
Zolpidem
by gunny
Citation:   gunny. "Warzone Effects: An Experience with Zolpidem (exp68570)". Erowid.org. May 1, 2018. erowid.org/exp/68570

10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

Due to fear of legal retaliation from the service branch I formely served under, I will not mention names, ranks, units, or specific locations inside Iraq. Sleep for me has been more and more elusive and troublesome over the years, and that was magnified 10x during my deployment in Iraq. Most nights I would lie awake, recalling events that had happened to friends of mine. One evening while out on a routine patrol, my Humvee was hit by a very large IED, causeing me to temporarily black out. I dont remember much of myself firing my machine gun but my driver said I was unresponsive and kept firing until we left the hot zone.

When back at base the medics checked me out and diagnosed a mild concussion and ordered me 24 hr bed rest. For an insomniac like myself it was 24 hrs of misery. The medic gave me 3 tablets of Ambien. He said take one now and if you still cant sleep take another, save the 3rd for tomorrow night. I took one and waited about 30 minutes, then took the second and waited.

Convinced that sleep had eluded me yet again I got up to go smoke. Something had changed. The ceiling lights flickered a million times a second, and my movements were only described as 'robotic'. The flickering lights we bringing life to shadows acrossed the room. I cautiously watched them until thier intent was made known. I attached my 9mm to my hip, and loaded it. I left the room to get some fresh air. A sandstorm was coming in that night, and it made the horizon a shadowy tan. The stars were brighter than usual, and the moon...a forboding bloody moon held high in its orbit.

I walked around base for a while talking to random people, all the while it felt as I was following my body around, telling it what to say and do. I took the 3rd pill and went out into the parking area to see how badly my vehicle was damaged. I sat in the drivers seat and cried, and slept. When I woke up my 9mm was on the seat and the bullets were thrown all over the ground. And somehow I had gotten the 240B machinegun off its mount and into the back seat, using my body armor as a blanket. Noone in my unit ever found out about the little incident, otherwise I would be telling this tale through bars at some looney asylum the marine corps would love to put me in. I have not taken it since and dont plan of ever doing it again. I should have been more careful when expirimenting with Ambien, due to the fact I was unconiously able to operate a pistol and machinegun.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 68570
Published: May 1, 2018Views: 1,152
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : General (1), First Times (2), Various (28)