responses to an online survey from those who have
used a psychedelic while in a romantic relationship.
Couples especially invited to participate.
Psychedelic Jitters
2C-T-2
by The Saint
Citation:   The Saint. "Psychedelic Jitters: An Experience with 2C-T-2 (exp69477)". Erowid.org. Mar 5, 2008. erowid.org/exp/69477

10 mg oral 2C-T-2 (powder / crystals)

I am a healthy 24-year-old male, and started exploring psychedelics about a year ago. The following account describes my first experience with 2C-T-2, which took place two days ago. This account was reconstructed using a combination of a log from a chat room, a few notes on paper, and memory. I measured my blood pressure and temperature several times during the experiment. I had been taking a break from psychedelic experiments for a few months due to a bad AMT experience. In fact, I believe I may have had some subconscious guilt because I had promised myself and others that I would not use any drugs for at least a year.

6:23 pm: Vitals: blood pressure 118/82, pulse 74, temperature 98.9 degrees Fahrenheit (rectal)

6:56 pm: Swallowed a gelcap containing 10mg 2C-T-2

7:41 pm: First feelings of something out of the ordinary

8:08 pm: Feeling 'fuzzy' and getting chills. I see ripples moving across the carpet. Temperature: 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit (rectal)

8:15 pm: I begin shivering, which comes and goes throughout the experience. 'Iím starting to notice patterns in the carpet now, lights seem to persist longer after closing my eyes than I would expect. A bit of an ache in the back of my head, but not too bad.'

8:23 pm: Listening to some music, I notice underlying melodies that I had not noticed before. 'Distances seem to be greater than usual.'

8:27 pm: 'I'm seeing distortions in the ceiling, like it's bunching together.'

8:33 pm: 'I'm seeing rainbows in my peripheral vision' Temperature: 99.0 degrees Fahrenheit (rectal)

8:45 pm (approximate): I am startled when music I am listening to suddenly seems to start skipping. In fact, it had simply reached a repetitious part of the melody. The volume of the music seems to suddenly increase and decrease. At times I seem to hear it crystal clear, at other times it sounds as though it's coming from inside a cave.

8:47 pm: 'Now I'm starting to remember how this feels and why I liked it'

8:48 pm: 'I was talking about a higher dose experiment tomorrow, but now I'm not sure I will. [...] I dunno, it just occurs to me that I'm poisoning myself. I guess I should just respect my body more.'

8:50 pm: Blood pressure: 136/88 pulse: 100

9:11 pm: 'I'm seeing some faint rainbows if I close my eyes for a while'

9:19 pm: Window Media Player, the program Iím using to listen to music on my computer, generates some animated abstract graphics when playing music. If I close my eyes while watching these graphics, I can faintly see them continue.

9:28 pm: Blood pressure: 145/104 Pulse: 103

9:41 pm: 'Very jittery again'

9:50 pm: Blood pressure: 144/100 Pulse: 110

9:56 pm: I feel achy. 'It seems like most of the good feelings didn't stay.'

10:01 pm: 'I feel like I've isolated myself so much.'

10:10 pm: Blood pressure: 134/97 Pulse: 112

10:15 pm: 'I've gone through almost a liter of Gatorade. I'm pretty thirsty.' I had also had about 600 mL of water.

10:21 pm: 'I had romantic notions of being a psychonaut, doesn't seem to be so romantic at this point.'

10:22 pm: 'I'm seeing little green lights in the carpet. I can still see the lights if I move my head away, but when facing the carpet, they snap to certain regular points in the pattern.'

10:29 pm: Temperature: 100.5 degrees Fahrenheit (rectal)

10:34 pm: Blood pressure: 141/103 Pulse: 106

10:44 pm: 'Problems with motor control are frustrating me.'

10:45 pm (approximate): Turned on the television and started watching a satirical news program. I find it very funny, and wish I had been watching it from the beginning. The sound sometimes seems to echo. At the time I wondered if I was noticing an artifact of my television's cheap speakers.

11:09 pm: 'My jitters seem to be gone.' Blood pressure: 139/97 Pulse: 97

11:35 pm: Blood pressure: 128/97 Pulse: 92

11:38 pm: 'I'm coming down.'

12:08 am: Blood pressure: 129/88 Pulse: 97

12:56 am: Blood pressure: 128/90 Pulse: 86

1:20 am: Went to bed. I had no problems sleeping.

I did not find this experiment to be particularly rewarding, but maybe with a better set and setting, the benefits might have outweighed the unpleasant side effects. I might try another experiment with this chemical, but not any time soon.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 69477
Published: Mar 5, 2008Views: 9,979
2C-T-2 (53) : Music Discussion (22), First Times (2), Alone (16)