Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Took Me to the Hospital
Zolpidem & Alcohol - Hard
by Matoskah
Citation:   Matoskah. "Took Me to the Hospital: An Experience with Zolpidem & Alcohol - Hard (exp69837)". Erowid.org. Mar 11, 2021. erowid.org/exp/69837

20 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
    oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)

It was the night of my friends highschool graduation party, and I decided to take some Ambien before I went.

Usually, I would take 20mg and feel great, and never really had any bad trips with it. I took 20mg, and it hit me really hard within 10 minutes. My friend showed up at my door to pick me up, and everything was really confusing to me.

I had a hard time opening his door, getting my seat belt on, and talking to him. I showed up at the party and had a hard time getting words out of my mouth, they were choppy, and it was if I forgot how to speak!

I sat down on the grass, and from this point...blacked out.
Even though I was blacked out, I was still talking to people and 'awake.'

Later in the night, I chugged half a fifth of vodka...and my friends found me walking down a dirt road at 4 in the morning. They told me I had vomited all over my clothes, and that I thought my friend was George Bush.

They threw me in the car to take me to the hospital after I stopped responding. My friend told me he shut the car door and it slammed my fingers...and this didn't even wake me up.

The next thing I knew, I was waking up for a couple seconds in the hospital with a bed pan under me, and my furious parents by my side.

It was a horrible experience and haven't taken Ambien since.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 69837
Published: Mar 11, 2021Views: 345
Alcohol - Hard (198), Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : Combinations (3), Difficult Experiences (5), Health Problems (27), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Various (28)