Missing Time
Alcohol, Cannabis & Alprazolam
by Hotz
Citation:   Hotz. "Missing Time: An Experience with Alcohol, Cannabis & Alprazolam (exp70296)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2016. erowid.org/exp/70296

1 shot oral Alcohol - Hard
  T+ 0:00 3 mg insufflated Pharms - Alprazolam (ground / crushed)
  T+ 2:00 10 hits smoked Cannabis

This is a recent story of what happened when my two friends came over to smoke up with me. I should add that I was recently prescribed Xanax (1mg each) for anxiety up to four times a day, and was given a 1 month prescription so I originally had 120 to start with.

This story starts with me crushing up 3 of my 1mg pills and snorting them, washing down the awful tasting drip with a glass mixed with ginger-ale and a shot of Bacardi Limon.

I felt the Xanax effects instantly... somewhat similar to cocaine... numbness in my face and nose immediately, decent amount of euphoria, and almost a lightly 'tingle' in my body.

After a few phone calls and IMs, my friends 'P' and 'R' came over with a 20 sack of weed about 2 hours after the xanax and booze, rolled a blunt and we passed it around for a bit. I must have gotten about 10 good hits off of it.

Every hit got better as I became more and more disconnected from reality. I kept slurring my words and wondering where I was even though we did this in my bedroom. After this point I don’t remember much, but I know things everywhere were fuzzy and I could barely climb into bed. While we were all sitting there high I noticed I wanted music more than usual, so we listened to “Black Magic Woman” by Santana and “Simple Man” by Skynyrd, which I remember singing most of pretty well. I then finally made it to bed after stuffing myself and went to sleep with a tingly sensation in my whole body.

Well after this I got an extreme case of munchies so I went through an entire pack of Oreos and a big Wendy’s burger. I know I passed out after this for almost 7 hours, then woke up and had 2 cigarettes and fell back asleep.

It was an awesome experience but it’s unfortunate I can’t remember most of it once the marijuana high set in. I think the xanax made it hit me harder than usual. It was definitely something I would try again, although I don’t recommend snorting benzodiazepines of any kind. They are too hard to crush into a powder and therefore didn’t give as pleasant a drip as cocaine would.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70296
Published: Feb 16, 2016Views: 1,854
Alcohol - Hard (198), Cannabis (1), Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)