More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Not The Miracle Drug
Modafinil
by Noble
Citation:   Noble. "Not The Miracle Drug: An Experience with Modafinil (exp70637)". Erowid.org. Jan 17, 2019. erowid.org/exp/70637

200 mg oral Modafinil (pill / tablet)
  T+ 24:00 400 mg oral Modafinil (pill / tablet)

I had high hopes for this drug as I suffer from ADHD and depression. Tried Ritalin before and it left me in a numb state however I did get tasks done without feeling hungry at all. This I didn't like. Next my doctor tried Effexor and that was the most terrible drug imaginable! Next was Wellbutrin and that has helped somewhat.

After reading about the rave reviews of Modafinil I thought this was the cure for everything. Something that would make me do my work without that drugged up feeling of Ritalin. I got my prescription filled and was most excited when I pop 2 100 MG tablets in the morning. After about 2 hours I felt a little better but that could have been some sort of placebo effect.

Throughout the next day I had four 100 mg and felt pretty much like I did with Ritalin, thoughts were clearer with the drugged up feeling and nothing like what I read other people have experienced. I also got a rash on my face and my throat hurt as well as I felt tired all day.

For me the only thing that works is Bupropion and cannabis in a capsule from a recipe I developed. That is the only combination that actually makes me feel great all day and not feel weird. Normal euphoric without the drag.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70637
Published: Jan 17, 2019Views: 511
Modafinil (217) : First Times (2), Not Applicable (38)