Very Little, If Any Effect
Salvia splendens
by Experimenter
Citation:   Experimenter. "Very Little, If Any Effect: An Experience with Salvia splendens (exp70644)". Erowid.org. Oct 31, 2009. erowid.org/exp/70644

1 cig. smoked Salvia splendens (dried)

I was at the local garden store and I saw some salvia splendens, which looked like salvia d. but with red leaves, so I gave it a shot and bought a little pot of it. At home I plucked the leaves (enough for a good-sized joint) and put them on a pan in the oven and set it on 170 to let them dry, turning them on occasion to make sure both sides dried evenly. After about 15 minutes or so I took them out, which were pretty dry but not burnt or anything, crushed them a little, and rolled a joint.

I smoked the whole thing, holding the smoke in for a few seconds every few tokes. Shortly afterwards I felt slightly relaxed and a little tired. I wasn't sure if the perceived relaxation could have been a placebo effect due to some of the experiences I've read saying it was relaxing. As for the tiredness, it could have been because I didn't sleep well the night before and it was about 10:30 PM when I smoked and I could have got my first little wave of tiredness of the night or it also could've been all the carbon monoxide, since I was smoking in the car with the windows up. Note: about 20 minutes later I had a very slight headache, which could be the effect of excess carbon monoxide in the bloodstream.

Then again the splendens could've caused both effects. Either way, I barely felt anything.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70644
Published: Oct 31, 2009Views: 5,225
Salvia splendens (181) : General (1), First Times (2), Alone (16)