Citation: Pnau. "Dog Pills: An Experience with Phenobarbital (exp71422)". Erowid.org. Dec 7, 2017. erowid.org/exp/71422
I'd like to just my experiences with a certain drug called Phenobarbital. I'm a sixteen year old with an extensive trip history over the past year or so (marijuana, acid, psilocybes, amanitas, dimenhydrinate), but when I tried the drug I was an inexperienced fifteen year-old.
I was looking for some aspirin in a cupboard when I discovered a very big jar of pills, which had been used to treat my dog for epilepsy. She no longer had seizures, so I decided to borrow the jar and check them out. I researched them in some prescription books (my mom works in pharmaceuticals) and found out they were barbiturates, and (relatively) safe.
I first tried one 60mg pill. The effects were a sort of drunk sensation, a numbing of the body, lack of motor control and an absence of anxiety. The effects were very long lasting. I still felt a little groggy the next day after taking Phenobarbital.
I took the entire jar of 61 pills over a three month period. This drug is very addictive. I used it to relieve anxiety and stress, and for the nice warm fuzzy feeling I experienced. The highest dose I took was 240mg, and by then I had a fair high tolerance to it. I slept for 16 straight hours and woke up groggy and fucked up, the way I remained for the entirety of the next day. Not very fun.
In all, it was a cheap (in fact, free) buzz, but nothing on getting nicely drunk. And compared to the more consciousness expanding end of the spectrum, Phenobarbital is a pretty lazy drug. Not highly recommended.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.