A Day in the Park
Citation:   Aaron. "A Day in the Park: An Experience with 5-MeO-AMT (exp71712)". Erowid.org. Oct 7, 2019. erowid.org/exp/71712

  oral 5-MeO-AMT (liquid)
    oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)
Me and my friends in college liked taking drugs but were super afraid of getting in trouble, so when we heard about a legal hallucinogenic, we were interested. While it's since been outlawed, I think the person we bought it from obtained it legally. They got it off the internet, anyway.

So, my roommate and I were planning on taking it with my girlfriend and her roommate, but we felt mischievous and decided not to wait for them, just to see if we could hide the fact that we were tripping. We couldn't, and thought it was hilarious. They were kind of annoyed, but they took it not long after us and soon we were all on the same level.

About an hour after I took it (I don't know how much, we got the stuff in a little vial, dissolved in alcohol), I vomited. I think my roommate did too. This wasn't a long drawn out nausea, like morning glory seeds, but came on all the sudden and was gone as soon as I let loose. While I had felt giddy and silly before, this was probably when the trip really started to take hold.

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]
We drove to the park, with those who took it later driving because they weren't tripping so hard yet. It was a beautiful day, and we just sat around in a circle talking good old psychedelic nonsense and literally watching the glass grow. This stuff was visual (though knowing us back then, we were probably smoking a good amount of weed to help that along).

Most of the experience very pleasant, and I remember it fondly. There was a point where I decided I wanted to clear some dead branches out of a tree and proceeded to climb up and do so. That probably wasn't a great idea. The trees weren't huge, but I had absolutely no inhibition. I didn't feel invincible, or like I was going to fly or something stupid like that. I just didn't have any fear.

We spent all day in the park, and though we had taken it at noon, 5 or 6 hours later we were still going strong around dusk. We decided it was time to try and get a ride home, and we had the idea that we could get a bus ride to campus and then get a bus ride home from their. This proved extremely difficult.

First, we couldn't find the bus stop at the park. We saw the bus, and my roommate, barefoot grinding his teeth like mad, stood out in front of the bus (which was only moving slowly through a parking lot) waving his arms to get it to stop and pick us up. After getting on, we discover that it would have stopped anyway about 30 away. I'm pretty sure it was obvious to anyone who knew what to look for that we were on something, because we were all grinding our jaws like crazy and just talking nonsense.

When we get to the student union on campus, we discovered that there were no buses that would bring us where we wanted to go because it was a weekend. This took us awhile to comprehend. This 'meow,' as I called it, was still making meaningful concentration quite difficult 5-6 hours into the trip.

We split up to find a phone to get someone to come pick us up, and I just end up sitting in a chair looking a wall of portraits. I was laid out, and really couldn't have conceived of doing anything else. I don't know how we all met back together, but eventually we were all out front, waiting for our ride.

When she showed up, she was driving a four passenger car with only one empty seat. Apparently some people wanted to come along and watch all of us tripping fools but didn't think about how we would fit. It involved a lot of lying across laps and feet out the window, which my mindset did not welcome. When we finally got home, an upstairs neigbor had a grill going in the yard and I vomited not three feet away and stumbled inside. I'm not sure if the vomiting would have happened without the cramped car ride or not, but I do know it signaled the start of the end of my trip.

Most off the final effects wore off after a total of 10-12 hours, but I had a headache, and had irritated my ear canal from all the teeth grinding. I've done a lot of drugs that made me grind my teeth, and I have a problem grinding my teeth naturally anyway, but this is worst it has ever affected me, making my ears feel stopped up for days. After the third day, I went to the doctor to get some good anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers, and those seemed to work.

I'm glad I took it. It was a great time, and kind of unique in a nice way. However, though I wouldn't write off doing it again, the vomiting and the unprecedented teeth grinding make me feel like I'd prefer to stick to good old LSD or mushrooms most of the time. Especially since its major draw, the fact that is was legal, now no longer applies.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 71712
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Oct 7, 2019Views: 1,164
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
5-MeO-AMT (104) : General (1), First Times (2), Hangover / Days After (46), Public Space (Museum, Park, etc) (53)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults