Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
Need More Sceletium Reports
Sceletium tortuosum
by Layman Shaman
Citation:   Layman Shaman. "Need More Sceletium Reports: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp7197)". Erowid.org. Jun 4, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7197

smoked Sceletium tortuosum (plant material)

Since obtaining and trying sceletium a few months ago, I have been watching for reports on this substance. I think, for me, sharing information about this stuff is as good as doing it. Anywayz, no reports, so I'll try my disorganized hand at one.

Sceletium is great for occasional use, I think. Every smokable legal buzz I have tried, I have found similar to tobacco. Lions tail, haret hogeurt, lions ear, etc. have all given a lightheaded buzz similar to tobacco without all the 'floaty' or 'warm' feelings of cannabis. Haret hogeurt was the lesser of evils in this regard. Well, sceletium still resembles tobacco in a way, but it has a bit of something else. Not cannabis like still, but nice. A bit floaty, a bit psychedelic in a way, remember, a bit. Smoked with cannabis it really amps up the buzz. Kind of like tobacco mixed with bud when you don't smoke tobacco, but better. Like tobacco, too much will make you a bit dizzy and sick. A dose is 100 mg., that's not much. Also, like tobacco, I get the impression that you could gett hooked on it. A friend is into daily use right now.

All in all, a fairly decent legal smokable you can grow yourself, a rare thing. I would try to keep to occasional use though. Any more reports on sceletium out there???

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7197
Published: Jun 4, 2001Views: 31,430
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)